GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default One sweet 2014 GMC and my 5000th Post..

Hello everyone First off this is my 5000th post on this great site.. I just want to say Thanks to everyone on here..

And here's a nice 2014 GMC for you to check out...

Posted: December 29, 2013
    Mission Accomplished

U.S. Marine Mike Dunlap built a custom pickup by incorporating his vision, with manufacturers who are helping to expand the truck accessory marketplace.

By Dan Sanchez

After serving several tours, U.S. Marine Mike Dunlap wanted to build the coolest pickup trucks he could imagine. Dunlap's interest and knack for building trucks has resulted in having them displayed at two SEMA Shows in Las Vegas, Nevada, and grace the pages in national truck publications. His latest project is this 2014 GMC Sierra that he built with the help of tonneau manufacturer, Truck Covers U.S.A.
    The truck features a Full Throttle suspension system that was installed by ATF Motorsports, and allowed Dunlap to add a set of 37-inch Toyo Open Country M/T tires and BMF 22-inch diameter wheels. The Truck Covers U.S.A. American Roll Cover fits over the bed of the pickup, and a set of Rigid Industries light bars are situated on the roof and front of the vehicle. A T-Rex X-Metal grille replaced the factory unit and a set of N-Fab bumpers and steps finish off the truck's off-road styling.
    Inside the cab, Dunlap had Katzkin provide an interior upholstery upgrade that was installed by Buds Beach Cities Upholstery. The truck was also given a bit more horsepower with the help of an MBRP exhaust system, Bully Dog GT tuner and an AFE air intake system.
    There's no doubt that Dunlap's vision is definitely setting trends using existing products available in the truck accessory industry. While truck has only begun to gain attention, it will most definitely help to promote the many sponsors and products it took to make this truck a reality. But perhaps the most important aspect of Dunlap's creation is that it demonstrates how a stock truck can be transformed from into the vehicle of someone's imagination, all with parts that are readily available. With a little inspiration from custom vehicles like Dunlapís, truck accessory retailers can also help their customers build the vehicles of their dreams using existing, or readily available inventory from manufacturers like those who sponsored this truck, who are also moving the truck accessory product marketplace into a new reality.

Dunlap's vision for this cool off-road styled pickup, includes a Truck Covers U.S.A American Roll Cover. The company has helped Dunlap create his visions for the past few years, and he's helped promote Truck Covers U.S.A.'s products to consumers and retailers that are attracted to the vehicle's he's built.

A set of Toyo Open Country M/T tires are used with BMF 22-inch diameter wheels.

The truck was lifted using a Full Throttle suspension system to gain seven inches of lift.

A T-Rex X-metal grille, Rigid Industries LED lights and N-Fab bumpers easily transform the 2014 GMC into one of the coolest off-road styled pickups at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Images and Photos Courtesy of:
    Truck Covers U.S.A.
    8970 Crestmar Point
    San Diego, CA 92121-3216
    (888) 808-2872
    www.truckcoverusa.com

T-Rex Truck Products, Inc.
    2365 Rail Road
    Corona, CA 92880
    (951) 270-5388
    www.trexbillet.com
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

2. Likes reggiecab2000 liked this post

That is one awesome truck.
    5k post, Enkei there should be an award for that of sorts, a GMTC jacket or something,
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Congrats @Enkeiavalanche on 5k!!!

I like the rear bumper and bed cover on the truck!!

On a negative note: I see nothing mentioning that the gearing was changed in the truck. There is no way that truck gets up and gos at all with 37 inch tires and stock gearing. As I am told the transmissions now are bullet proof but it still must be constantly hunting for gears at highway speeds and when you want to get up and go I bet it downshifts at least 2 times if not 3. I would hope it was done and just not mentioned due to no appearance value.

Awesome looking truck but I like mine better.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Jr. Apprentice

I have close to the same vision as that. I would have put on a paint job and did beefer bumpers. Congrats on the 5,000 post!!!!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thanks Guys......I'm such a See you soon....

bleck, dont like that at all.

not a fan of the new sierras.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Not a fan of the the grille, other than that, pretty sweet truck. Really like the rigid lights too
    -K&N Air Filter

that is one sexy truck!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR