GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Best Oxgen Sensor for my 95 Suburban?

Hi Guys,
    I have a 1995 Suburban K1500 w/5.7 T.B.I. It has one Oxygen Sensor.
    I want to find out exactly what O2 Sensor is the right one.
    I've been looking through some of the Auto Parts web sites, and my mechanic said to get a Denso or a Bosch.
    What I found was many of them said they wouldn't fit a vehicle with a 4L6OE Automatic Transmission.
    How do I know if I have that Transmission?
    Will the VIN tell me?
    My VIN is: 1GNFK16K6SJ312413.
    I'm hoping to pick this up tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Bob

Bosch invented the O2 sensor, probably a good choice.

Your transmission? Here ya go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM_transmissions
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

3. Likes cmcolfax liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Corkwheats View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have a 1995 Suburban K1500 w/5.7 T.B.I. It has one Oxygen Sensor.
    I want to find out exactly what O2 Sensor is the right one.
    I've been looking through some of the Auto Parts web sites, and my mechanic said to get a Denso or a Bosch.
    What I found was many of them said they wouldn't fit a vehicle with a 4L6OE Automatic Transmission.
    How do I know if I have that Transmission?
    Will the VIN tell me?
    My VIN is: 1GNFK16K6SJ312413.
    I'm hoping to pick this up tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob, Inside your Glove Box is a White Tag/Sticker....which is the Service Parts I.D. Tag(Shown Below)and on it you will see your Vehicles Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's which are RPO Codes.....which stands for Regular Production Options...In Short what your Suburban came with from the Factory......and your Suburban most likely has the 4L60E, and the RPO Code this Transmission is M30.

The Service Parts Identification Label

This is from A/C Delco's Online Parts Catalog, and it shows the following 02 Sensor for your Suburban,
    SENSOR ASM,HTD OXY
    Part Number: AFS76
    Product Notes:
    Heated Oxygen Sensor (Position 1)
    In Exhaust Manifold/Crossover Repls 25133505 4-Speed Auto Trans (M30); Except Leaded fuel emis (NM8)

Also to find what the rest of the features your Suburban has, go to the Link Below and Enter the Vin Number, and this Site will show you everything about your Vehicle,

Link,

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 12-30-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I would go with an AC delco sensor, you can get them cheap on amazon. I have seen some GM trucks not like the bosch O2 sensor, I would never buy a denso. I would also not buy a "universal" sensor where they come with a bunch of different connectors then you pick they one that fits your truck.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

6. Likes cmcolfax liked this post

I agree with Pikey on going with the A/C Delco 02 Sensor, as in some cases going with Factory/OEM Parts is the Way to go, and IMO this is one of those cases.

they are $41 on amazon for the ac delco. ou also get free 2 day shipping if you have prime. If you have a .edu email address you can get prime free for 3 months and for $35 a year after that.

I really appreciate all the input. I had planned on using the Denso Direct Fit that Advance Auto Parts has: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...16465|L3*16466

I checked, and I do, in fact have the 4L60E Transmission. This one didn't have the designation saying that it wasn't compatible with it.
    I'll check Amazon and see about the AC Delco Part. This is something I'm replacing preventatively on a tune up, and darn sure don't wanna cause problems. I haven't paid for the other one yet.
    Thanks again,
    Bob