GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: 1999 S10 Xtreme

Magnaflows will be just as loud as any other welded/chamber muffler (Flowmaster). If you just want that sound, do a single in dual out muffler. Not as loud, and has the same sound as a flow
    Chuckie!!!

I've been thinking about going with the magnaflow. I definitely want a little sound to it. Do you know anyone that has had a spintech pro street muffler on a 4.3? It sounds good but really hard to tell how good on just videos
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    I've been thinking about going with the magnaflow. I definitely want a little sound to it. Do you know anyone that has had a spintech pro street muffler on a 4.3? It sounds good but really hard to tell how good on just videos
    no clue. I've never heard of spintech till now

Really? They have a pretty aggressive sound to it. Pro street series are the most aggressive of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up some seafoam, brake fluid and some new wipers for the truck today.

Also got a bed cap. It was free and it's in very good condition and i was near where it was located today so i picked it up. Gonna see how it looks on there. Would be great to have during the winter to keep stuff protected in the bed. Gonna fit it tomorrow and see how it looks.
    It's black, tinted windows that slide open and the back opens as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the bed liner in today and it looks much better. Still has some snow in it from sitting outside with the other truck but i cleaned the bottom side and in the bed really well before i put it in.

before:

after:

Then i did the sea foam as well. Got some smoke a little bit for the first couple minutes but it cleared up pretty quick. Put a little in the oil, a little in the brake booster vac. line and then the rest in the gas tank. Gonna change the oil soon after it runs through good. Probably next weekend.

I didn't get to put on the bed cap today to see how it looked. Might tomorrow if i have time.

Here's a pic from the ad. It's really in great condition so i hope it looks okay on there. Would be great to have during the winter to keep snow out of the bed.

Really really..

Lol. I'm most likely not using it at all. I wasn't even looking for a cap. Not really into them. The only reason I got it is because the person actually contacted me because they saw I was selling my other truck so they figures I might want a cap. It was free and I was going right by where they lived that afternoon.

But I have a plan. Sell it and use that money to get my two body kit pieces I'm missing. Which was my first thought when she called. Even if I didn't like it and it was nice enough to sell I'd take it and use the money to complete to body kit on my truck.

So hopefully ill be having an update soon of a new front valance and side skirt

Lol I said really really because you responded "really?" To me never heard of spuintech

Oh, ok haha. I thought u were talking about the cap I got like it wad not good at all ha.

Anyway, that's my plan as of right now. I found a front valance on eBay for 160 something and free shipping. Before I buy anything new tho I'm Gonna see if any junk yards have any xtremes and Maybe get the parts I need off of that if in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    Oh, ok haha. I thought u were talking about the cap I got like it wad not good at all ha. Anyway, that's my plan as of right now. I found a front valance on eBay for 160 something and free shipping. Before I buy anything new tho I'm Gonna see if any junk yards have any xtremes and Maybe get the parts I need off of that if in good condition.
    Good luck. I've never seen any in the salvage.

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Good luck. I've never seen any in the salvage.
    Yea me either, but it's worth a phone call just to see. If not i'll just get a new one which i've found a few. I'll have to see how much it would be to get it painted. I would paint it but i don't have a gun and it's Urethane and i'm not 100% sure the steps taken on that versus painting lets say a fender. Different material would probably need a special paint to adhere. My uncle is a car painter so maybe so i'd have him do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some stuff done on the truck today. Gave it a good wash finally which made it look so much better. Tons of sand and crap all over underneath and stuck around the emblems. Blasted all that out. Didn't polish and wax it yet. That will come in the spring.

Then i changed the oil and plugs. Oil was real dirty especially since i did the seafoam. Got some Mobil 5000 to put in it and a new oil filter.

The plugs were needing a fresh change. Whoever did the last tuneup put some pretty good plugs in. They were the Bosch Platinums...until i got to the one behind the steering shaft. Pulled it out and it was different. It was an AC Delco, possibly original? Definitely looked real old. I put it some NGK V-Power plugs which i gapped to .060" which was labeled in the engine bay.

Was checking out around the engine bay a little now that i had the chance and weather to. I remembered these years had that dumb thing on the throttle plate so i had a look and as expected it had one. So that's a mod i'm doing when spring comes.

Took some pics.

New Plugs:

The Bosch platinums that were in there before:

This is the AC Delco one that was behind the steering shaft:

Random pic i took. I noticed today that it has a black mesh grill on it too which i'm not sure if it's aftermarket or it came like that? Anyone knows that would be cool.

Yea i know some pics are fuzzy. It was cloudy out today so it wasn't focusing good.

If anyone has ideas that i should do to the truck then mention it

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by