GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Jaspers 4L60E Transmission and Bully Dog GT Tuner

Okay I'm new here so Moderators please don't beat me up too bad. I done several searches on the forum for "Jaspers 4L60E Transmission" with no matches found.

Which brings me to my question, I have a 2005 Z71 Silverado with 64000 miles on it. Christmas eve while driving home thru Washington DC my transmission started slipping and not shifting up or down. I made it home and had it towed to a buddy's shop on 12/26/13, after I uninstalled the Bully Dog GT tuner setup I had installed on it, which I had all of the trans settings set to stock and I upploaded the stock OEM configuration. He said the trans was done swapped the OEM trans for a Remanufactured Jaspers 4L60E Transmission. He said they are much better than th OEM trans and not to worry. He changed all of the drivetrain fluids: front diff, rear diff and transfer case with Lucas Synthetic all for $2900.00. I got the truck back put the Bully dog back in and set the trans settings to tow.

Now I have 3 questions:
    1. Has anyone had any issues with the Jaspers remanufactured transmissions and does that sound like a fair price?

2. Does anyone have sugesstions on how I should setup the Bully Dog to improve performance and fuel economy?

3. I'd like opinions on the Bully Dog GT Tuner are they worthy or are they a POS and part of the problem?

2005 Chevy Silverado:Bully Dog GT tuner,K&N Air Filter,MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit,Moto Metal Wheels with 33" BF Goodrich A/T,Recenetly added a Jaspers 4L60E Transmission
    "KARMA does not have a Menu, it serves you what you deserve"

I have never heard of anyone having an issue with Jasper engines or transmissions. that price seems high for my area. in my area rebuild with some upgrades is $1200-$1700 and $500 to remove and replace it in the vehicle. A rebuilt, upgraded, and tested trans directly from GM is $1300 (employee price).

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jaspers sells the trans for $1900 with a 24 hour delivery time

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is it normal for one to blow with no warning at all? The next morning it would only move forward even in reverse. It never showed signs of slipping, leaks, the fluid still looke clean and red. But damn if it didn't kill the end of 2013 for me.

2005 Chevy Silverado:Bully Dog GT tuner,K&N Air Filter,MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit,Moto Metal Wheels with 33" BF Goodrich A/T,Recenetly added a Jaspers 4L60E Transmission
    "KARMA does not have a Menu, it serves you what you deserve"