GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well, did line today. leaks at prop. valve fitting tightened line as tight as i could, still leaks. maybe gonna try again tomorrow, but i know i have to take it to shop to have brakes bled anyway, so maybe have them do it if it doesn't work again. did lines before,flaring is such a pain in the a** thanks for all your help
    Last edited by dave13net; 01-11-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot info
    ​DAVE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dave13net View Post
    well, did line today. leaks at prop. valve fitting tightened line as tight as i could, still leaks. maybe gonna try again tomorrow, but i know i have to take it to shop to have brakes bled anyway, so maybe have them do it if it doesn't work again. did lines before,flaring is such a pain in the a** thanks for all your help
    remember flare on GM components is a 37 deg flare. the lines come with SAE 45 deg flares. make sure you use the 37 deg flare on the GM components like abs valve unit/calipers/rear junction T fitting etc...

these should be double flair correct?? oem/metric double flair or oem/sae double flair?
    Last edited by dave13net; 01-11-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Sr. Engineer

I had thought they were either the 45 double flare or the BUBBLE flare or the DIN flare which looks similar . Check this page to help identify what you have. http://www.fedhillusa.com/webnuts/common%20flares6.pdf
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

ok, thanks looks to me like double flair

Legend

like I stated before GM components use 37 deg flare [not bubble flares]

sae flare is 45 deg .because you stated you did this before ,and had the tool I figured you know that these are all double flares because of this being brake lines.

when you removed the brake lines if you really did this before you should know immediately , that these are not bubbles..and that you need a double flare tool of both angles.37/45.......

never said they were bubbles,did lines before but never double flair.line is in and works, thanks for all your help

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dave13net View Post
    never said they were bubbles,did lines before but never double flair.line is in and works, thanks for all your help
    sorry got mixed up with the other guy dpeter ... he mentioned the bubble flare.

well any way you need a double flare tool to properly do this and these are pretty cheap tools. steel flares that are doubled work better under high pressure less apt to crack ....

good luck it should be ok ..

did line again and works.took to shop to have it bled on scanner.$80 good deal. thanks for all your help
    dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12