GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question 2002 Silverado p0443 engine code troubleshooting help please

I'm getting a p0443 code on my 2002 Silverado and would like some help in how to troubleshoot this problem. I think my code reader refers to a purge solenoid circuit problem. I know you can buy services (or cd's) that will give a troubleshooting tree for particular codes. I'd appreciate it if someone could look this up and let me know the steps to take (i.e. which components need to be checked). The odd thing is I replaced the gas cap, cleared the code, and the light went out. The vehicle passed California smog but the check engine light come back on and is still throwing this code. The gas cap should not have solved the problem but somehow seemed to help for a small period of time.

If I know what state the particular sensors are supposed to be in, and when in the cycle I can maybe figure what is wrong. Also a general explanation of how the system works, what the computer monitors, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance

Default hmmmm

I dont think there are very many "savy" truck owners in this forum , Hand....I cant believe no one has givin u any advice yet......I have a ford Truck too, and there is ths site , w/ the same format, and I'll have an answer in a matter of min..., just joined today , and i'm not very pleased........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by easttexan View Post
    I dont think there are very many "savy" truck owners in this forum , Hand....I cant believe no one has givin u any advice yet......I have a ford Truck too, and there is ths site , w/ the same format, and I'll have an answer in a matter of min..., just joined today , and i'm not very pleased........
    First off, welcome to the site.
    Second, This was a duplicate post and the other was answered promptly with advice in a direction to go for a detailed answer.
    Third, We are all GM truck owners and that is what brought us here to discuss our trucks, mods, problems, or whatever but we are not a GM tech service. There are many first-time GM truck owners (Men and Women) here that want to get to know their trucks and gain knowledge about different mods and care methods everyone is using to get the most out of their GM truck. There are many members here that are very knowledgeable in the mechanical aspect of the GM truck and will help out with advice when they can, but most have jobs and families so it this site is not like a hotline for tech support.

I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations, but please enjoy your stay here.

DTC P0443 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    First off, welcome to the site.
    Second, This was a duplicate post and the other was answered promptly with advice in a direction to go for a detailed answer.
    Third, We are all GM truck owners and that is what brought us here to discuss our trucks, mods, problems, or whatever but we are not a GM tech service. There are many first-time GM truck owners (Men and Women) here that want to get to know their trucks and gain knowledge about different mods and care methods everyone is using to get the most out of their GM truck. There are many members here that are very knowledgeable in the mechanical aspect of the GM truck and will help out with advice when they can, but most have jobs and families so it this site is not like a hotline for tech support.

I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations, but please enjoy your stay here.

Well said.............
    2007 Silverado LT :great:
    Fabtech 3.0 Coilover 8 Inch lift.
    36 Inch Toyo mud terrain tires
    Bissani Dual Exhaust
    Black Suede Head liner
    Go Rhino side steps & front bumper

** Champagne Construction Group **

Myspace.com/Champagne706

myspace.com/champagneconstruction

Hey sorry guys, guess I was just used to the "ford truck" site , w/ same format...havent owned a CM product in 15 years....and I was suprised that there arent many viewers on the site here like the FORD TRUCK site, and maybe its because there are MORE problems w/ the FORD truck !!!! I apoligize guys !!

Blog Entries

No Problem, hope you stay around enjoy the site.