GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New to the site

Default New to the site

Hello, My name is Stephen Taylor. I have a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4, 4.8l. I hope to find some helpful ideas for my truck. I have owned a few GM trucks from my 1988 two wheel drive that I drove to Alaska and back. I had a 2000 Silverado Z71 and a 2002 GMC Sierra. This is the first one with the 4.8l. I am looking to get some advise on how to add more power to the little V8. I miss my 350 and 5.3. Cost is what got me into this one. I have looked at programmers and Intake kits, plus exhausts. Not sure what to use as I usually didn't have to worry about it. I do tow a 3200lb travel trailer with it. So my main reason for more power is the trailering and to help with gas mileage. Any help would be great.

Welcome to the club!!! If you spend any time here and do some searching you should be able to find all kinds of ideas as long as your wallet lets youIve seen several threads and posts on ideas for increasing Horsepower and MPG and from what I have gathered its usually a combination of cold air intake, exhaust, programmer and not in any particuliar order. These are the easier more cost friendly "beginning" add ons IMO. It seems every truck is different so when you go to get a programmer do some research. there are a couple out there that do custom tunes for your specific truck(ex. put the programmer on for a couple weeks then the programmer representative will custom tune it according to the feedback your truck gives the programmer)

Good luck and once again welcome to the club!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Welcome to the club, what phantom said....
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome to the Club from VA!

Safe travels my friend.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Welcome to GMTC!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package