GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Opinons on future buy?

Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model.
    thnx
    Beige 03 2500 4x4 4dr xcab auto

Quote Originally Posted by Necred View Post
    Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model. thnx
    the mileage is a little high. I've seen 300k on a couple of 4.3's, but would be a little leery without knowing the full service history. Any used vehicle will have issue big or small obviously. The question to ask yourself is: can you afford to have the motor or tranny rebuilt? IMO I think you could find one with a lot fewer miles for that price. I purchased my wife's 99 Tahoe lt for 3k with only 136k miles
    Chuckie!!!

Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........

[B]1997 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........
    IMO if it has 4 doors with outside handles that open same direction as front it is crewcab, chevy may call it 4 door.

Yeah I feel same about miles,,,,I had 00 I sold with 240k & it ran great....also found 04 with 95k at dealer asking 8900.
    I wouldn't pay more than 7500 otd.

I believe the crew cab s10 was strictly 2004. The extended cab had a 3rd door
    Chuckie!!!

I spoke with owner, he hasn't had long enough to know any history so im passing on 02.

7. Likes Curky liked this post