GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Opinons on future buy?

Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model.
    thnx
    Beige 03 2500 4x4 4dr xcab auto

Quote Originally Posted by Necred View Post
    Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model. thnx
    the mileage is a little high. I've seen 300k on a couple of 4.3's, but would be a little leery without knowing the full service history. Any used vehicle will have issue big or small obviously. The question to ask yourself is: can you afford to have the motor or tranny rebuilt? IMO I think you could find one with a lot fewer miles for that price. I purchased my wife's 99 Tahoe lt for 3k with only 136k miles
    Chuckie!!!

Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........

1997 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........
    IMO if it has 4 doors with outside handles that open same direction as front it is crewcab, chevy may call it 4 door.

Yeah I feel same about miles,,,,I had 00 I sold with 240k & it ran great....also found 04 with 95k at dealer asking 8900.
    I wouldn't pay more than 7500 otd.

I believe the crew cab s10 was strictly 2004. The extended cab had a 3rd door

I spoke with owner, he hasn't had long enough to know any history so im passing on 02.

7. Likes Curky liked this post