GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 4" Tuff Country Lift

I've been looking at this lift. Does anyone have a Tuff Country, or have an opinion about it?
    Also, can someone explain to me why i have to get new wheels with 4.5" backspacing? what is backspacing anyway?
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Heynot rea sure about the lift,but I used to paly around with lifted jeeps about a year ago.The backspacing is for the rubbing issues that you will have if you dont follow the manufacturers suggestions.I had a rough country lift on my jeep.
    Not real sure what everyone else says but I just go with a decent name lift kit and they are pretty much about the same.

Tuff Country is an ok lift, I've heard a few issues getting replacement parts but that was a few years ago, havent heard any problems lately. I've put a few of these lifts on trucks, the instructions were a little vague.

Back spacing is the measurement from the wheel center to the outer wheel rim. Lay your wheel face down on the ground place a flat item (metal, wood, it doesnt matter) on the edges of the rim across, from side to side, now use a tape measure to to measure the distance from the wheel flange (the flat area that goes against the brake hub or rotor) to the bottom of the item you placed across the rim. This measurement is your back spacing.
    Back spacing is used to set the wheel/tire in or out of the hub centerline. To much or to little back spacing can cause damage to wheel bearings and affect steering.

my neighbor has tuff country on his bronco and has had no problems
    skyjacker is also a great lift
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

i would say tuff country is a middle to upper level lift but im sure will be fine and give great performance. as they said backspacing on the rims is so the bigger tires you put on will not rub
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Blog Entries

6" Tuff Country lift here. Well built lift and after first considering a 4", there was only an $89 difference for the 6" so I went with that and run 35" toyo M/T's on 20"
    Ultra wheels.

Cognito would be top of the line lift and comes with a higher price.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    6" Tuff Country lift here. Well built lift and after first considering a 4", there was only an $89 difference for the 6" so I went with that and run 35" toyo M/T's on 20"
    Ultra wheels.

Cognito would be top of the line lift and comes with a higher price.
    Your truck is breath taking, and i would love a 6" lift, but i need to be able to put stuff in the bed easy, or somewhat easy. I also already have 33" tires on, so all i need to do is swap my current timres over to new wheels, same size wheels of course.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.