GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hello from Pennsylvania

How you doing everyone, i'm Dallas and i'm from the Pittsburgh area (I guess you can say i'm a 'yinzer' to some extents).

I joined here recently and you all seem like some pretty good people.

I have a love of Chevys and pretty much all three of the manufacturers (Dodge, Chevy, and Ford) and have worked on their engines at one point or another. Chevy Small Blocks are in personal experience the easiest and least frustrating to work on, Dodge Magnum V8s are okay but Fords you might as well wrap yourself in a straight jacket.

I have a 93' K1500 which I love to death but have urges to set fire to from time to time (A 20 year old vehicle has its pros and cons ladies and gentlemen haha). She's seen problems from locked up rear-ends, drive shafts snapped in half, and almost every little problem you can think of. It's enough to drive a man to the brink of insanity. Her cab mounts are starting to go bad, her left side is sagging about a half inch and the frame is getting bad in a few places. Thinking she ain't got that much time left before I gotta have it retired.

I can however, say with 100 percent certainty, that i've never had any internal engine or transmission problems. I think we can all agree 350 Small Block V8s are pretty much bullet proof, 4L60-E's... I've heard mixed stories.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1544433_485864218188957_1002307181_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	57192
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1001087_413276605447719_1094478453_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	57193

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club.

Nice pair of trucks!!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Master Mechanic

Glad to have another member here from PA! Welcome!
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Welcome to the Club from VA!
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Welcome! Are you partial to red, or just coincidence? Great site here.
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 | 2.5" level/lift | 275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZ71 View Post
    Welcome! Are you partial to red, or just coincidence? Great site here.
    Haha just a coincidence, were good deals and both happened to be red. The Dodge is a 1997, 318 V8, in better shape structurally than my Chevy (No Rust, Frame is in much better shape) it just has a crease dent right on the fender and the clear coat is peeling off some places, especially the hood.

Jr. Engineer

Welcome to The Club.

Welcome to the club
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member