GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should i just spend the money and get NEW tires or run these Nittos for awhile?...taxes are coming and im sure i could get tires............

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Personal choice there depending on funds available. If you have enough for new tires go new so your starting with a clean slate. If your trying to get by while saving for new ones but have enough to toss at theses it isn't a bad deal. I thought they were 1/4 worn from the castings not 1/4 tread left. I read that wrong. You'll get a few thousand out of these maybe 10k or so. Just make sure you keep them rotated when they're that low on tread if your trying to stretch them as far as you can. Although if two are better than the other two keep them on front and don't fool with rotating. Keep good tires on your steer wheels. Another option if you really like the tires and they ride good to you is to buy these and run them for a while and after a while purchase two more. Take the two best and put on the rear and the new ones up front. Then 10k miles or so later get two new ones and put others to rear and new ones to front. If your in a pinch on cash I tell people to do it this way so they don't go money dry.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Nitto terra grapplers are great tires. I'm not sure how they do in mud, but they are great overall
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Nitto terra grapplers are great tires. I'm not sure how they do in mud, but they are great overall
    ehh.. not amazing from what I've seen people do down here. But decent for what they are. Logging roads they do alright. Thick red clay they don't.

Well just ordered new Toyo Open Country AT2s in 275/65R18!

Great tire. My uncle has them on his Jeep in a 35" and they ride amazing. Has had them for 6k miles and barely has any tread wear. But we are comparing a box on wheels to a full size truck.

Ive heard they are great tires...they got the good looks and good tread design...cant complain about the 65k mile warrenty on them for a A/T tire also!

- - - Updated - - -

They look good!...wonder if the will fill out my stock 18s??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire_Reflections_OPAT2_0.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	57764

You guys think i got the right size?...it was this(275/65R18) or 285/65R18s...i choose 275s...

I had 275s and they were alright but these were after the 285s I had before. They looked way more narrow but they will look fine on yours.

Hopefully...I put them up to my tires now and I must say its not a HUGE difference but you can def. tell they are bigger!

- - - Updated - - -

Also if I come across a set of aftermarket wheels, I will prolly get them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12