GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Exhaust

Jr. Apprentice

Default Exhaust

Buying suburban next month and curious as to what exhaust to get on it. Had Flowmaster 40 series on my yukon couple years ago but want something deeper and louder than that but not something that will get irritating on long drives. Plan on taking the suburban on trip to WV soon. So what is everyone's suggestions? Doesn't have to be flowmasters either.

Master Mechanic

If you are looking at louder than the 40 series, Flowmaster makes the super 44 and super 10 (the super just means stainless steel which I would highly recommend). I personally run the 10 series, but if I were you I would look at the manufacture's websites as they often have sound clips, and also there is youtube for you to check and listen to different exhaust that are on gm vehicles. Hope this helps
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    If you are looking at louder than the 40 series, Flowmaster makes the super 44 and super 10 (the super just means stainless steel which I would highly recommend). I personally run the 10 series, but if I were you I would look at the manufacture's websites as they often have sound clips, and also there is youtube for you to check and listen to different exhaust that are on gm vehicles. Hope this helps
    Yes certainly helps! I had not even considered the super 44 ones. Thanks again!

Howdy,
    I have a 95 Suburban, and just put exhaust on it yesterday. I wasn't looking to spend lotsa money. I am very satisfied with the Dynomax Cat Back exhaust system I bought. Very easy installation - fit perfectly - exhaust hangers lined up perfectly. I think the Super Turbo muffler sounds great. I highly recommend this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wl...k1500-suburban

Bob

I like the sound of the Magnaflow (stock cats, stock dual 2.5" inlet / single 3" stock pipe out).

I cut the pipe straight off about 12" from the end and welded on a nice 3.5" rolled edge SS tip.

I loved the sound of my 3" Flowmaster 40 on my 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee, but wanted something a little mellower for the Burb.
    Some stuff with wheels and motors...

Jr. Apprentice

Alright I bought a 2001 suburban. I didn't have the money at the time for the exhaust so I personally cut my exhaust off cats included. So now looking for something to tone it down a bit MINUS the cats.