GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Let me go back to the fuel pressure. I used a gauge to find 52 psi for fuel pressure. Also, I cannot get the truck to a local parts store to have codes read. They wont rent them either because," they always come back damaged". I dont know anyone who has a scanner either. If it is getting fuel and has fire, why wont it start?

- - - Updated - - -
    Also I know the check engine light was on because it is on. I have a EGR code and rear O2 code from earlier.

When your testing using the spray can of Starting Fluid, you spray it into the mouth of the throttle body while someone is cranking the engine.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

What is the best way to check that the injectors are working without a noid light or removing the upper intake to get to an injector plug?

If the injectors are your problem, spraying the starting fluid into the mouth of the throttle body should have started the truck.

If the truck does not start, and run for 2 secs, when starting fluid is sprayed into the throttle body, fuel delivery is not your problem.

You say you have spark, I do not know what else to suggest.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I am beginning to wonder if there is a timing issue? I pulled the plug wire off the first plug on the Lh side, and cranked it over a few times. When I pulled the plug it was dry. If the injectors were working, it should be wet. My main concern now is when I crank it over, it stops after a few turns
    as if something is hitting, then it cranks fast for a few more turns and stops again. Any more ideas?

After all the problems I had, I decided to replace the cap and rotor. Now the truck will start and run, but it has a bad miss. I am guessing a bad wire or I didn't get the cap down tight enough. Was afraid to over tighten and crack. I know the wires are on right as I double checked before reinstalling the coil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12