GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help With My Stereo Problem

Hello everyone. I live on Long Island, ny and just bought an 02 suburban z71. But I am very confused on the radio. Cde in glove box says UQ3 but all speaker covers and headliner mounted DVD player says Bose and onstar. I would love to put a double din stereo with nav, sat, Bluetooth, etc... But have been reading about different adapters for vehicles with Bose and without. Or loosing onstar. I know I will have to modify dash bezel and I can handle that I just don't want to loose onstar or the Bose amp or tv. Can anyone please advise....
    Adam
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140110_195232522.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	57217
    Last edited by Adam02suburban; 01-10-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add photo

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION SECTION

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

02 is Din and a 1/2 Not dbl din.. You can get a slide out unit (I had a Great Kenwood in my 02 Avalanche) or get it custom done.. I know a few custom shops to do it in the area..

And Welcome....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    02 is Din and a 1/2 Not dbl din.. You can get a slide out unit (I had a Great Kenwood in my 02 Avalanche) or get it custom done.. I know a few custom shops to do it in the area..

And Welcome....
    I realize the size difference. I will be making room for the double din. I'm just wondering about the wiring side. What is needed to keep everything working.

Legend

Well you have a factory Overhead? There is a harness that allows you to still use that and a aftermarket radio BUT it only works a few years Gonna have to look that one up.....

This is so you can get sound through the speakers from the DVD player..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well you have a factory Overhead? There is a harness that allows you to still use that and a aftermarket radio BUT it only works a few years Gonna have to look that one up.....

This is so you can get sound through the speakers from the DVD player..
    Yes I have a Bose overhead DVD player and Bose speakers but no Bose radio

- - - Updated - - -

ok so today i went in and played with the radio i think i have problems. everything has bose lable on them except the radio wich is a delco cd player. i also have a seperate tape deck and a control panel in the second row on console. when i put a dvd in the overhead i hear the mid row go silent and the sub turn off, but cant hear the dvd player in speakers. so when i turn on the rear controlsame thing. if i change the dvd player to av it shuts off the radio completely. if playing the dvd i can tune radio to 87.7 and hear it on all speakers. how do i get it to play on just the second row speakers so i can listen to the radio up front. i am so confused with this system. i am very mechanicaly inclined so any help on what to do i can handle it just need to be pointed in the right direction.Adam

Legend

is it a factory or aftermarket DVD player It may be hooked up by a RF Mod. Kenwood Excelon radios have a 2 Zone system built in..

is it a factory or aftermarket DVD player It may be hooked up by a RF Mod. Kenwood Excelon radios have a 2 Zone system built in..
    it has a bose sticker on it. how do I find out if it was installed factory or after. is there code somewhere

Legend

can you take a pic of it and the radio Please..