GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I want a new differential

Where can I get a new differential that also has that Eaton diff. lock, or a diff. lock in general. I need one with a higher ratio. I'm not really sure what mine is righ tnow though. does anyone know how to find it?
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

If you know you're still running the factory gear ratio, you can look at the RPO code list in the glove box.

As for finding a "gov-bomb" You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one in a junkyard somewhere. If you want an aftermarket locker, it will probably be easier to just rebuild your existing differential with whatever you want to put in there.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

yea find a junkyard axle but it may be hard to find one with the specs you want. if you cant find one than your gonna have to get new gears and an aftermarket locker. a set of 4.10-4.56 gears is gonna run you around $500 and a rear locker will run you between $500-$1000 depending on brand.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    yea find a junkyard axle but it may be hard to find one with the specs you want. if you cant find one than your gonna have to get new gears and an aftermarket locker. a set of 4.10-4.56 gears is gonna run you around $500 and a rear locker will run you between $500-$1000 depending on brand.

Ha. i'm just going to forget i wanted to change up the gear ratio. I might look at it later down the road though if my trailing load increases.