GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

75mph I average 21-25mpg, once I set the cruise at 85mph it drops to about 15mpg. Even driving 60mph my best is 25mpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    x2.....On what summitwhite11 has mentioned above.....Its hard to match the factory numbers.....when your driving at (75 mph?) While each Vehicle Reaches its Optimal Fuel Economy at a Different Speed (or Range of Speeds), Gas Mileage Usually Decreases Rapidly at Speeds Above 50 mph, and but After 60 mph it Generally Declines Quite Significantly, and from 50 to 60 mph Fuel Economy Drops by 12%, from 50 to 70 mph it Drops by 25%, and from 50 to 80 mph it Falls by 36%.

I would also mention that another reason for your Drop in Fuel Mileage, is Winter Blend Gasoline.....

Link,

http://www.bellperformance.com/blog/...Blend-Gasoline
    2005 SILVERADO LS
    3" Lift Spindles
    STOPTECH Rotors
    Bilstien Shocks 4600
    AIR LIFT Air Bags
    Bridgestone Deuler REVO 2 285/70R17
    1 1/2" Wheel Spacers
    BullyDog Tuner/Gauge
    Magnaflow 3" Cat back
    K&N Air Filter

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SAGO View Post
    75mph I average 21-25mpg, once I set the cruise at 85mph it drops to about 15mpg. Even driving 60mph my best is 25mpg
    I find your MPG hard to believe. actually your the first person who claims 25 MPG on a raised or any 2005 Silverado that I ever heard. 25 mpg ??? math error !

That big sail and a tail wind helps

[B]1997 GMC

No math error, you don't have to believe it. With throttle body space, programme, intake, exhaust, and mass flow air sensor, those ARE the numbers and always pump premium fuel! Please don't hate cuz you got a brick in your foot!
    2005 SILVERADO LS
    3" Lift Spindles
    STOPTECH Rotors
    Bilstien Shocks 4600
    AIR LIFT Air Bags
    1 1/2" Wheel Spacers
    BullyDog Tuner/Gauge
    Magnaflow 3" Cat back
    K&N Air Filter

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SAGO View Post
    No math error, you don't have to believe it. With throttle body space, programme, intake, exhaust, and mass flow air sensor, those ARE the numbers and always pump premium fuel! Please don't hate cuz you got a brick in your foot!
    I know that you will get more MPG with 93 octane. but 5mpg over is hard to believe.

I get 18-19 mpg with 87 octane. and that is with a 4wd 5.3L ext cab 2000 Silverado.

If you live in san Diego and get this driving there then that really is unbelievable.

I just did a trip 1600 miles @70 mph. ave was 18.3 mph hills traffic and some back road driving. 87 octane ..shell gas. it is very warm where I am now ...

To tell you man, every upgrade I've done is for mpg. I did have a F350 with a diesel for towing, and I used the Chevy to go to and from family visits and work, every so often I'd take my dirt bike to the track. With the programmer I can monitor everything the engine and tranny does. By keeping the throttle percent at 25% or less and tow haul on all the time. Something to remember is your throttle percent, just because your rpms are at 2500 before it shifts, your foot is what's controlling the fuel being sprayed into the motor. Every small upgrade may only add minimal increase in mileage, but adding them all up and understanding how they all work together everyone that reads this can get the mileage. Good luck everyone!!
    2005 SILVERADO LS
    3" Lift Spindles
    STOPTECH Rotors
    Bilstien Shocks 4600
    AIR LIFT Air Bags
    1 1/2" Wheel Spacers
    BullyDog Tuner/Gauge
    Magnaflow 3" Cat back
    K&N Air Filter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12