GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Lone Survivor Movie ~ Anyone Seen It Yet?

Anyone seen the movie yet? I read the book right after it came out a few years ago. Even though I already knew everything that was going to happen, the movie was intense. I actually didn't have high hopes for the movie as Hollywood likes to screw up the story but it actually was pretty good.

Many thanks to all those that have served and those currently serving.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

so far the movie is blowing out the box offices. its good to see everyone's interest in this story. I haven't seen it yet but I sure will. God Bless our service men/women. we wouldn't be here without them.

Sr. Mechanic

Don't wanna highjack, but did you read Chriss Kyles book? "American sniper?" Great read too!

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    Don't wanna highjack, but did you read Chriss Kyles book? "American sniper?" Great read too!
    It's on my bookshelf at home. I just don't read all that much (maybe one book a year) but I will read it at some point.

I'm not particularly a fan of Marky Mark -- but I've heard a lot of awesome things about this movie and I hate to admit it but I like a lot of movies that he is in. Shooter is one of my favorites, contraband was okay, four brothers was pretty good…I hate giving the guy my money but it looks like I'm going to have to add lone survivor to my list to see.

My deal with Wahlberg is that he's anti-gun but in nearly every movie he has ever played in he has starred a character with a gun in his hand. Pretty hard to hate something that has made you so much money…

Not to thread jack but is anyone planning on seeing the new 300 movie??

As you guys said, thoughts and prayers to our service men and women!!

@2011laserblue I like Mark Wahlberg as an actor. I like most of his movies. I was very young during his Marky Mark years so I don't know much about that. It's unfortuante to hear is anti-gun as a person. That makes his stock go down in my book. Especially like you said, you'd have a hard time finding a Mark Wahlberg movie that doesn't have guns in it. Pretty hypocritical/lame if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    @2011laserblue I like Mark Wahlberg as an actor. I like most of his movies. I was very young during his Marky Mark years so I don't know much about that. It's unfortuante to hear is anti-gun as a person. That makes his stock go down in my book. Especially like you said, you'd have a hard time finding a Mark Wahlberg movie that doesn't have guns in it. Pretty hypocritical/lame if you ask me.
    I was very young during the Marky Mark era too…I believe I was 1 when the Funky Bunch stopped doing music all together. I was more so just referring to him as that haha. Exactly, I really like all of his movies but it makes me feel bad doing so because like I said, I hate giving the guy my money because of his personal beliefs. But, to each is his own I guess, and in films such as "Lone Survivor", he is depicting those fighting for us to be able to sit here and have a conversation about it as free men and women; so I guess I commend him for that, although I doubt he does those types of movies simply out of the goodness of his heart lol.