GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1987 GMC power windows

I have a lifted 87 gmc sierra that I just picked up for steal. The only problem I have with it is I can not get the power windows to work. I checked for power to both windows, fuse is good, and checked both motors. What could the problem be?

You said that you checked for power at the windows.... Did you mean to the window activation switches on the driver's door panel? Or to the actual window motors while pressing the activation switch? If the fuse is good, and you have power to the switches but not the motors, I would suspect the switches, and most likely the driver's side switch cluster. It has been known to happen that when these get wet (most likely from the window being open during rain) the switches will corrode and eventually not work.

Good luck.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Moved to the proper forum.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage