GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Blown Fuse

Default Blown Fuse

My 1994 K1500 is running great. I’ve finished all of the standard maintenance like, brakes, shocks, fuel filter, spark plugs etc. The last and most annoying item on my list is the turn signal fuse keeps blowing out after only a few hours. I now have a large supply in my glove box. Has anyone encountered this problem and what fixed it??

It almost sounds like you have a grounding problem. If the truck doesn't do it all the time, and only every now and then like when you are using the signal, you may possible have a wire bare and grounding itself out.
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that was it. Last week I had an electric brak controller installed and so far no blown fuses. They replaced wiring and my havefixed it withoput knowing it.

Thanks,

Rick