GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

IIRC I had purchased an AirTex brand. I replaced the 1st pump assy around Nov'08, 2nd one came Oct'09(in warranty).
    The truck was still running with the 2nd replacement when I traded it off in Jan'14, but the level sensor was not working properly.
    Personally if I was to do it again, Ac Delco would go in.
    I only noticed the Pump and Level sensor with the drop in assy.
    FWIW I lifted the box to get at the pump.
    2010 Silverado LT 1500 5.3L 4X4
    '95 BMW K1100LT
    '97 BMW K1100LT

Gave in and bought the delco. I might as well do it the right way with the right equipment.

Good choice! i doubt the pressure sensor is the cause of the P0440. although it can cause that code, if its bad i would expect one of the pressure sensor specific codes also. more likely a loose or bad cap, or cracked/leaking hose is your problem.

This new pump should also help with your hard starting problem too.

Well..... ****! I replaced the pump, problem is still there....damn this truck just wants to suck me dry. I'm guessing injectors? Maybe FPR lol I mean I've really narrowed down the problem with buying pretty much everything else fuel related. The good thing is I can definitely feel the difference when I start the truck with the new fuel pump.
    Last edited by Grahamwk; 03-13-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamwk View Post
    Well..... ****! I replaced the pump, problem is still there....damn this truck just wants to suck me dry. I'm guessing injectors? Maybe FPR lol I mean I've really narrowed down the problem with buying pretty much everything else fuel related. The good thing is I can definitely feel the difference when I start the truck with the new fuel pump.

I read your post from the beginning . the replacement of the distributor is not listed.. latter you say the distributor was replaced twice ..

the misfires with your engine ,model, mileage would be the distributor bearing and also the cam gear driving the distributor. then you may require a shop to set the timing correctly. These usually start to fail @175,000miles.

the other issue may be the crank sensor ..these report incorrect timing heat and age kills them.

fuel pressures on your vehicle need be 62-65 psi key on engine off. pressure should hold.

with the engine running you need 57psi or more.. this is the 5.7L engine ..

Well the truck was given to me with a new distributor and he also gave me the not bad condition old one. I cleaned the old one with Emory cloth and swapped them out and drove it then cleaned the one I pulled the same way and put it back on when I did spark plugs. I haven't had to buy a "new" distributor yet.
    Last edited by Grahamwk; 03-13-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Legend

I would check that the rotor has no wobble of any amount. if thats good then remove the distributor and check the cam distributor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamwk View Post
    Well the truck was given to me with a new distributor and he also gave me the not bad condition old one. I cleaned the old one with Emory cloth and swapped them out and drove it then cleaned the one I pulled the same way and put it back on when I did spark plugs. I haven't had to buy a "new" distributor yet.
    How was it running when it was given to you? did you ever run a compression test? what did the inside of the distributor cap look like when you changed it? did you rerun the fuel pressure test after new (Never Ever Worked) pump installed?

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    I would check that the rotor has no wobble of any amount. if thats good then remove the distributor and check the cam distributor gear.
    I agree. a distributor and or timing problem is is quite possible here. specially given the op's last post. at that mileage i wouldn't rule out partially clogged injectors though.

No codes.......? odd?

I have not run a compression test yet do to funds after fuel pump lol. The inside of the distributor was mostly clean I could see a white kind of build up on each post but nothing else. I did not run a test afterwards either, the thought never occurred to me. I did drive it thought and it's noticeably better with stronger starts. What and where is the cam distributor gear? I thought injectors to which I was ready to do before I did the pressure test.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by