GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

**** man..... im pretty upset for the time being as I have thrown around $400 at it today lol. update for you guys.
    Bought, fuel pump relay, spider injectors, FPR and the canister purge valve. rebooted IAC as told to on the other page after I got everything put back together. I drove the truck between each part that was put on with no show in difference so I am at a complete loss after today. I now think one of three things is bad converters, o2 sensors, maybe IAC. I have 3 sensors off which lucky for me has been the easiest part of this ghost chasing I have done yet. I plan to clean them tonight them put them back on tomorrow and see if there is any difference. I did noticed something kind of odd earlier, I took off one of the o2 sensors downstream and started the truck, the truck did sound like horrible **** after I started the truck after that but a code was never thrown for no o2 being in there!? I have only had one code come up today for MAF which was weird lol but I cleaned it then it went away. Any ideas? lol trying to figure out what I am missing here, there is something small that I am over looking and its killing me. I know a few people on here mentioned it being out of time, there is a sticker under my hood from manufactures that says its unadjustable.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamwk View Post
    The miss has gotten more noticible. It does it mostly when it warms up but I have had problems with it during cold weather to.
    you need 62-65 psi key on engine off. pressure should hold. if the pressure is below this the pump is not working right or the fuel regulator is the wrong one or defective.

make sure the fuel pump connections and ground at the frame rail are secure. these connections if the wiring was cut need be soldered not just butt spliced..also sealed with a heat shrink ..auto stores have these items.

Sr. Apprentice

I think you need to look at the biggest variable you have so far! and for the last few posts you have been ignoring the most probable cause of the (miss) random cylinder miss-fire fuel pressure it is well know that vortechs are tempermental when it come to fuel pressure being below the recommended 62-65 psi, My 98 is doing the same thing but I'm hitting 60 psi (key on) and it's throwing the random cylinder miss-fire I'm just waiting for pump to die to change it.
    1998 1500 w/t short bed 4.3

I appolgize for that your right, I am kind of scatter brained right now and was overlooking the posts to fix the code. Sometimes it's not that I'm ignoring them, it's more of I don't understand what exactly to do or what they mean. Haha I'm not a great mechanic so these tests and terms some I'm not familiar with. I would first like to ask how would I go about testing the circuit for the fuel and when I get the numbers from that what do I use them to determine? I have heard people talk about the compression test but I'm sure I don't have the tools for it haha or I probably would take a stab at it. I checked the fuel pressure once more right after everything was put back together and for some reason it's just went straight retard mode. Key on truck off I'm at 51 and bleeds a little faster than I'd like, then when started its 45 and goes up when the truck is turned off?

Sr. Apprentice

This might help on utube theres a channel the guys name is scanner danner his trouble shooting techniques and ability to teach them are great if you have a multi meter & scanner you can learn to find any problem and fix it!

Legend

what manufacturer you use for the fuel pump ? If airtex then I believe it is screwed up...

Ac delco, I almost went with Delphi but everyone told me ac was better for chevrolet

Legend

those are good pumps ..did you use solder connections when you installed the new connector if it was required , or you used the OEM existing wiring connector ? also the ground need be removed cleaned and secured to the frame rail.

yeah i didnt have to use the connector they sent with me, was it a must use? I will take the ground off and clean it, it looked fine but at this point I am not taking any chances.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamwk View Post
    yeah i didnt have to use the connector they sent with me, was it a must use? I will take the ground off and clean it, it looked fine but at this point I am not taking any chances.
    did the wires near the fuel pump connector had been screwed with ? any slices ? if so this is a common screw up, pump gets lower volts..bad ground connection same deal lower volts across the pump...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by