GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 Silverado Headlight lens haze

Has anyone else noticed a haze or foggy look on the inside of their headlight lenses on their 07/08 Silverados? I've had my truck since February and today was the first time I looked closely at the headlights. I was opening up a gate early this morning, as I often do and I had the high beams on and for some reason I stood back and looked at the headlights. The drivers side lens was hazy and when I tried to wipe the lens clean, I noticed that it was on the inside, rather than the outside. The other headlight was crystal clear. It wasn't a case of moisture on the inside. I looked more like the haze you get on the inside of your windshield.

I just wondered if anyone else may have noticed this with their truck and if it's something I can clean/fix, or does the dealer need to replace it?

you have leaking seal around lense. what will follow, condensate will, eventually, start liming the lense, turning it white from the inside.
    2 fixes for that:
    1. if you can, cut the seal and remove lense, wipe it all clean, and reseal the lense. some claim being able to do so, i never could, and i TRIED.
    2. fix i did on several cars, and very successfully. i dril about 4 holes in the lense, down at the very bottom edge, and about 3 more on the very top edge(4mm). also, on real bad lights, i drilled several holes in the housing itself. took care of condensate once and forever.

btw, as you have brand spanking new truck (what a quality i must say.....) dealeship should fix it for you. pretty much, replace it. don't fall for their "it's normal on rainy days and will go away on dry" sweet talk. except mitsubishes, none of our imports ever had fogging problem in headlights. all domestics did.
    DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROK. IF IT'S BROK - FIX RIGHT AWAY.
    WONNA THINGS DONE RIGHT, DO THEM YOURSELF

2000 SILVERADO, CENTURION EDITION, 4WD, Z71, 5.3 VORTEC
    NO DUMM MODS

Thanks for the info. That's what I suspected was happening. What surprised me was that it's been dry here for weeks. This must have been residue from previous damp weather. I looked at it in the daytime, even with the headlights on and you don't see it.

I plan on stopping by the garage tomorrow.

mine has a "fog" also. mine looks like it is in the plastic lens.i figured i wouldnt make much of an issue untill right before my warranty expires or it gets so bad i cant see. my third brake light is full of condensation though, all three lights. i will get that fixed sooner cuz i dont want watter to start coming in the cab.
    07 new body silverado, 4.8L, 4x4, ex cab, Pioneer flip out dvd screen, what muffler?, 2" fabtech leveling kit
    Maxxis Buckshot Mudders 285/70

I just got the killer headlight haze on my truck as well. Only had the truck 2 weeks and its becomming quite noticable.

Are you guys going through automatic car washes?

Steve - South Carolina
    08 Sierra 5.3L
    K&N CAI, Superchips programmer, 30% tint, Lund step bars, Color matched Line-X bed liner, Garmin GPS, Billet Grill, Magnaflow muffler w/GM tip, Kenwood in dash DVD, Back-up camera, Polk audio door speakers

my truck will never go through a auto car wash. hand washed every time.
    07 new body silverado, 4.8L, 4x4, ex cab, Pioneer flip out dvd screen, what muffler?, 2" fabtech leveling kit
    Maxxis Buckshot Mudders 285/70

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 07 redrado View Post
    my truck will never go through a auto car wash. hand washed every time.
    same here .. and i going through an auto car wash or power washing you truck may be a reason for the "haze"
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

No Car wash for my truck either. As it turned out the haze was actually on the outside. The dealer got it clean. No one was sure what it was from or what caused it, but it looks great now!

Don't know if this will help anyone but I found this. It's a recall on headlights on cars/trucks.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/Recall...747703&r=15749
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded