GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Rough Country ?

Default Rough Country ?

I have the 2'' RC leveling kit already installed on the truck up front and i was wondering if this would make a big difference if i installed this kit?..http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-level...-kit-1305.html

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

So you would want to add the rear blocks and an extra 1/2 inch up front?

________2013 4C Rated__________

haha ya i guess?...not sure if its worth it tho...im getting new tires here sometime (285/65/R18s i think) and towing mirrors...just want a beefy look

I learned, go big the first time. I bought an RC 2" kit for my obs and wish I had gone 4" and a 2" body lift....

This is what i want to do!...(with towing mirrors tho)(this is with the RC 2.5 kit)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC%200520.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	57239

Have you tried contacting RXC to see if you can buy parts to the 2.5" kit a la carte? If they dont, I would think about doing 5100's and setting them to .77" and some new rear blocks.

Ill contact RC and see if i can do that...i already have the 2" inch kit and i dont need another set of those...would be cheaper that way if i could do that...will it make a difference?

You may or may not be able to see the difference, but best believe that no one else will be able to tell a .5" difference in the front. Serious, look in the 5100's and that will give you a smooth ride and get up up a little bit more, but remember 2.5" front with no diff drop is the max you would want to go.

I have a buddy running my old 5100's on the top notch with the ReadyLift 2.25" level and he has not had any issues with front end parts, but just too much stress for me.

I like the idea of getting new shocks...i have the factory Ranchos on there now with 65k miles on them...i think im going to go that route...So if i put the shocks at .05" (make it 2.5" in the front) and do the same in the back...will i need to do anything to make it "level"...do you have part numbers for the front and back shocks?will i need someone to install the fronts?

Shop around for them and you will find a better price than this, but just to get part number.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...-bilstein.html

The lowest lift setting IIRC is .77" and would be just what you are looking for. That and the new rear block will give it a nice stance.

To install the 5100's you will need a spring compressor. I believe you can rent them from like Auto Zone or if you take the strut out and go to a place that has a compressor it will be much cheaper due to them not having to take the front apart.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by