GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Both make power. It depends on what you want. The supercharger is more predictable where as a certain rpm will give you a certain about of boost - at least for the most part. Turbos work off of load. The more load on the motor, the sooner it will spool. Turbos are torque monsters. They will give you way more torque down low than a supercharger will. The key is to get the correct size. A big turbo will give you plenty of power, but it will take a while to spool. A small turbo will spool quickly, but run out of steam. For a 350, a decent all around turbo is a T70. Master Power makes them and they are fairly cheap - $500-$600. The T70 is good to 800hp I believe. I had a PT76 for my Lightning with a 351. That is a bit more extreme and is good to 1000hp.

Another thing to remember is the install. I don't know if anyone makes a kit for the chevy trucks. They don't for the Fords. To do it right and building it myself, I will have $3500 or so in the turbo kit. If you can't fabricate, you can almost double that to have someone else do it. I have seen Vortech supercharger kits for the chevy trucks. Vortech makes a great product. The S or SQ trim is an awesome street blower.

Yeah im not worried about instalation because in taking a class to learn how to put it in myself. Itll save on instalation cost that just adds on to that hefty price. Also i found out that superchargers run alot cooler because they arent ruunning off that hot exhast gas. It can get hot enough to melt stuff on long hauls.
    The track is where i live:glasses:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12