GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default chevy/gmc dash problems?

Does anyone else have problems with dash gauges not working? First the speedo quit,several months later,tach died(stuck at 6000) 2weeks ago while driving to work,gas,oil,temp,alternater & odometer flat lined.Truck is running normal but would like to have my gauges back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TruckDog View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with dash gauges not working? First the speedo quit,several months later,tach died(stuck at 6000) 2weeks ago while driving to work,gas,oil,temp,alternater & odometer flat lined.Truck is running normal but would like to have my gauges back!!!
    Welcome to the club TruckDog!!!. What year truck do you have. Their were issues with the 03-05 intrument clusters where poor quality stepper motors were used in the gauges. If you fall within these years they did have a recall on them but its probably too late to get it covered now. It was a 7 year or 70kmiles whichever occurred first and if over that the recall would not apply. Theyre are several people that do fix these that advertise. Im thinking I have seen people advertise to do it for like $50-$75. Ive seen advertisements on Ebay and craigslist for this service also. Good luck.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Hello TruckDog,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care