GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Okay, what is with these commercials….???

So I don't want to start a war or anything, and I hate saying negative things about GM at any time but I just have to get this off my chest.

What is the deal with these new silverado commercials? I've shaken my head and asked myself "what the heck was that?" to every single one I've seen so far, but the one that was aired during the Pats vs. Bronco's game topped all of them.

Yeah…nothing says "man" like tofu and veggie burgers? Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here….but I think Chevrolet needs a different marketing campaign…because these commercials, at least in my opinion, are flat out embarrassing.

Here are a few that I could find:

Unfortunately I couldn't find the one that I just saw….but if any of you were watching the game you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure it will show up on youtube soon…it was bad.

Perhaps I'm being too critical…what do you guys think? Do you like this campaign thus far?

This was my favorite GM commercial - what was yours?

Im not sure of thier whole approach for advertising but theyre really not all that informative. They seem to be just introducing the new silverado this way but giving no information about it or incentives to buy them. I cant say as im embarrased about the ones you posted(no didnt see the one you were talking about)but seems like some wasted advertising money to me. I think it was just a way to get people to relate to situations trucks are used for but its really not "selling" the silverado IMO.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Im not sure of thier whole approach for advertising but theyre really not all that informative. They seem to be just introducing the new silverado this way but giving no information about it or incentives to buy them. I cant say as im embarrased about the ones you posted(no didnt see the one you were talking about)but seems like some wasted advertising money to me. I think it was just a way to get people to relate to situations trucks are used for but its really not "selling" the silverado IMO.
    I found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7TLD/2104-che...y-bbq-tailgate

Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed……NONE of these commercials make a lick of sense to me….

The High Country is B.A. though

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    I found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7TLD/2104-che...y-bbq-tailgate

Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed……NONE of these commercials make a lick of sense to me….
    Yeah they show people stuffing their face more than use and features of the truck.dumb commercial if you ask me.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Yeah they show people stuffing their face more than use and features of the truck.dumb commercial if you ask me.
    I just don't understand the whole thing…."a man and his truck, and tofu, and veggie burgers, and raw kale salad….be damned. Introducing the new High Country….."

What does tofu, veggie burgers, and kale salad have to do with anything? Im just perplexed at these commercials I don't even know what to do other than just laugh at their stupidity

Well like them or not it would appear they did at least part of their job, they caught your attention and they got you talking and spreading the word.

Sr. Apprentice

Honestly I don't need a commercial to know my next vehicle purchase will be GM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1998 1500 w/t short bed 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Well like them or not it would appear they did at least part of their job, they caught your attention and they got you talking and spreading the word.
    Haha goes back to that "any publicity is good publicity" saying I guess!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fugitive View Post
    Honestly I don't need a commercial to know my next vehicle purchase will be GM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    I just don't understand the whole thing…."a man and his truck, and tofu, and veggie burgers, and raw kale salad….be damned. Introducing the new High Country….."

What does tofu, veggie burgers, and kale salad have to do with anything? Im just perplexed at these commercials I don't even know what to do other than just laugh at their stupidity
    I'm with you, I sure as hell don't get it. And more importantly, I'm not sure how it makes a man throw down his beer, run the hell out of the house and buy a Chevy... What happened to real commercials that contained scantilly clad women? THAT makes a man buy a truck! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    I'm with you, I sure as hell don't get it. And more importantly, I'm not sure how it makes a man throw down his beer, run the hell out of the house and buy a Chevy... What happened to real commercials that contained scantilly clad women? THAT makes a man buy a truck! :-D
    Hahaha. But that's not being "politically correct"….

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast