GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Bug Shield Noise

Has anyone else installed the AVS NBS Bug Shield? I did this and at 70 mph I get a windshield slapping noise. This is the most annoying thing I have heard yet with my truck. ANyone else have this installed and get these noises?

Does anyone have a different type of bug shield? If so doe sit make any crazy wind noises on your window?

I just installed the weatehrtech bug shield on my 08 Silverado and get the same noise. It starts at about 63 mph.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    I just installed the weatehrtech bug shield on my 08 Silverado and get the same noise. It starts at about 63 mph.

That's it the slapping on the wind shield side almost as if someone is tapping on it. The only thing I can see is the guards on the glass. I am going to tape them down and test it just to see if that is the culprit making the noise.

I put a GM bug shield on mine and I have no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4funjb View Post
    That's it the slapping on the wind shield side almost as if someone is tapping on it. The only thing I can see is the guards on the glass. I am going to tape them down and test it just to see if that is the culprit making the noise.
    Use some masking tape to find the culprit.
    Place the tape over the molding where it runs along the windshield(A pillar posts) and see if that is where the noise is coming from.

Bert
    "Race Car Spelled Backwards is Racecar"

03 Silverado 2WD extended cab 5.3 with towing package white/silver
    70GS455

Default wind noise

I dont know if this is the problem but I remember on some of the 99-07 trucks that the weatherstrip around the windshield would flap after installind bug deflector. Easy fix fs this is it----just get some type of black silicone some parts store have stuff just for windows. Use some masking tape just below weatherstripping and lift up the stripping and apply some silicone and thats it

Also just as somebody has said the tape works great to narrow down what is causing problems

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jmrich22 View Post
    I dont know if this is the problem but I remember on some of the 99-07 trucks that the weatherstrip around the windshield would flap after installind bug deflector. Easy fix fs this is it----just get some type of black silicone some parts store have stuff just for windows. Use some masking tape just below weatherstripping and lift up the stripping and apply some silicone and thats it

Also just as somebody has said the tape works great to narrow down what is causing problems

Thats what mine was doing also, on the pass side. The dealer just glued it down, like you suggested.

Bert

Another member sent me a PM that had the fix that GM uses with there new Bug Shields. They include 3m weather guard tape to go under the side plastic moulding. There are a couple of Torx screws that hold the window guards down. You loosen those to be able to get under the plastic then apply the tape. I am going to try it this afternoon to see if it stops. AVS should include this in there kit, I think.

Huh, that would be annoying, where is the noise coming from, the whole thing or is part of it hitting metal?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by