GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you could always try to find a wrecked suburban at a pull apart place or even on CL and harvest all the parts out of it. I found a guy near me with a yukon xl denali that he is parting out. If you could find someone like that you can get the head liner and plumbing for the vents for the roof, the interior rear panels on the passenger side where the vent is along with the rear fan and all the rear heating components. The guy near me is desperate and would probably let all that stuff go for under $200. Just keep looking around you will find something.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Apprentice

I would do that but there are only two problems. First is that I was looking at photos of the rear climate control and I just don't like the way it looks. Secondly, up here in the high for the week is -11 Celsius. This winter isn't supposed to get any better any time soon. So a heat source for now and adding a rear A/C unit in the future will probably what I go for. Not to mention vehicles this age usually are crushed at the junkyards here. Because 2000 model years have rusted out frames from the salt on the roads. I will keep looking in junkyards though. I have a feeling that I can at least modify the original ones to suit my needs.

likely any suburban/ yukon xl interior will work from 2000-2006. in mine, with the air directed to the floor vents, the heat comes out of a louvered section on the front of the rear passenger side panel, right on the feet of the people in the third row. even if you can get a heater and fan inside your panel it would probably come out of the same spot. I doubt that GM made specific panel for with rear hvac or without

Sr. Apprentice

Well I started on my project of installing heat in my center console. With temps of -31 today it will be helpful when completed. Started off with my center console, a heater core from an 88 Sierra sitting in my garage, a 25cm 12v computer fan, and a blue led light strip just because I had it lying around. First I cut some slits for ventilation along the back and back corners. Next I drilled some overly large holes with a hole saw bit. Then I attached some angle braces to attach the heater core to and for a little added peace of mind. Next I attached the fan to the front side of the heater core to push the air through the heater core. I installed the blue light strip underneath the back lip for it to glow through the vent slits. All that is left is place the inserts in so that I have a box for the intake air and a chamber for storage, to hook up two valves to cut off the coolant flow when not needed and a twelve volt power supply. I will keep you all posted. Pm or post if you have questions or ideas. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_175946.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	57407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_153205.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	57405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_153213.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	57406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_175957.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	57408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_192312.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	57409
    89 V1500 Suburban

I want to apologize. for some reason I thought you had a 2000 suburban, obviously my idea would not work

Sr. Apprentice

So I got a little further with my project last night. I added a piece of 1/8" gray vinyl over the hole where my centet console lid closes from the old center console of my 88 Sierra. I also added some cheap foam weather stripping to the edges where my console lid closes so that it provides a somewhat better seal. I also added a switch to control the fan on/off. I will probably add a solenoid if the future to cut flow of coolant to the center console in the future. But for now manual valves will be installed. I kept the cubby underneath my my cupholders for storage. Installing it in the vehicle tonight and will be waiting on the parts I ordered to come in so I can finish the project. Was thinking about replacing the fan with a blower motor in yhe near future. But will see how this works first. Stay tuned and I will keep posting until done. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140125_231810.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	57438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140125_231817.jpg 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	57439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140125_231829.jpg 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	57440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140125_231822.jpg 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	57441

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12