GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Console latch part number

Put a console in my 2011 Silverado to replace the jump seat. UPS busted the latch in shipping. I have tried to buy a new latch and you know what happens! Whats the VIN?,Whats the VIN?,Whats the VIN? I swear I haven't seen a real parts man in 15 years! Seems nobody can use a parts manual anymore. They can't even tell me if I can just buy the latch or need the whole top part. My VIN will not help because the truck had no console from the factory. I was told the console I got came from a 2008 Silverado or Sierra. It has 2 long plastic mounting points at the rear. Anybody have an answer? If one more guy asks me "Whats the VIN" I'm goin' over the counter to strangle him. I'm too pretty to go to jail for killin' a partsman.

I know what you are dealing with the whole VIN thing. I recently was trying to find a part for a customer that had done a bunch of custom work for his truck. Most of it was moving Denali interior parts to his truck. The dealer wanted the vin. A few weeks later I happened to be driving in an area that had a bunch of used car lots. I stopped in and looked at a denali model of his truck. I wrote down the vin and used it at the dealer to get his part. It was a pain, but it worked.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

What kind of console unit do you have now? Does it replace the whole seat for a console or does the back fold down into a console. I tried to post a picture but I guess Im still to new to the sight or I am just doing it wrong. I have the ability to look up the parts numbers and I wont need a VIN for that just might have to ask a few extra questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ROATEN05 View Post
    What kind of console unit do you have now? Does it replace the whole seat for a console or does the back fold down into a console. I tried to post a picture but I guess Im still to new to the sight or I am just doing it wrong. I have the ability to look up the parts numbers and I wont need a VIN for that just might have to ask a few extra questions.
    I have the full console now. I removed the jump seat that folds up. My console is the LT console,different from the LTZ in length but I think the lids are the same. Any help you can give me would be great! Thanks

You have to buy a whole new Lid that comes with the latch... not sure why but you do you can not even get just a latch from dealers... ben through it and searched all over Dorman does not even make it yet!!! but you bet it will be some time soon and they will we all hope... you can repair it some how I manage too once i found a couple of guys that have done it. I belive it is on this forum site some were search around and you should be able to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by hammer76 View Post
    You have to buy a whole new Lid that comes with the latch... not sure why but you do you can not even get just a latch from dealers... ben through it and searched all over Dorman does not even make it yet!!! but you bet it will be some time soon and they will we all hope... you can repair it some how I manage too once i found a couple of guys that have done it. I belive it is on this forum site some were search around and you should be able to find it...
    Hammer76 is exactly right the only way to get that style latch is by buying a whole new console lid. The only down fall to that beside the price is that you have to know what color they consider it in order for it ro match. The Part numbers for the lid is Ebony= 15941534 Cashmere= 15941535 and Titanium= 15941536. Maybe that will help you find one online or aftermarket but I havent be able to find one myself yet. And by the way I work at a GM dealership in the parts department and hate when someone says I have to have your VIN to find that part. I sit next to a guy who does it all day long on everything. Granted somethings the VIN is needed but not ever little part.

Here ya go, part # 15134814, cost $34.76. On our sister site.

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/oem-part/...latch/15134814
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Here ya go, part # 15134814, cost $34.76. On our sister site.

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/oem-part/...latch/15134814
    That's what was ordered the last time. All I got was the plastic bezel,no lock and the bezel had the flat mounting surfaces at the 2 rear holes. My bezel has approx. 3/4 " deep mounting pads/bosses at the rear. I can now see why GM needed a bailout, 2 different dashboards,2 different consoles and God knows how many combinations of console parts all in the same truck. That's nuts

9. Likes ROATEN05 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hunky View Post
    I can now see why GM needed a bailout, 2 different dashboards,2 different consoles and God knows how many combinations of console parts all in the same truck. That's nuts
    Really? you were making an attempt at a joke right? 2 different counsels and 2 different dash boards have nothing to do with needing a bail out. Chrysler offers 4 different center counsels in their mini vans. Are they going to have to be bailed out because of that?

You switched your counsel, so now you can't use your vin to easily locate the part. That has nothing to do with a problem at gm.

12. Likes ROATEN05 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by