GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is why you have to live life to the fullest.... with no regrets. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

2. Likes the phantom liked this post

Sad story with a great spirit! He is lucky to have a friend like you & what you are doing will make a Big difference!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just an update This sunday we are doing a dinner with all his friends So I have been busy this week getting things ready. I ask some of my Sponsors if they could donate some things for a Raffel and Sylvania Stepped up BIG Time.. So A Huge Thanks to Brian and the guys at Sylvania..

Everything from Beach chairs to a I-phone Protector to Bulbs.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sy5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	58390
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sounds like he is in good spirits and has great friends around him. I know the disease well. Lost my grandfather to it within a year. This was a guy that was in perfect health, retired, and worked on cars. He was only 64. I hope to become more active in donating to the ALS Association. Below is a link for the ALS Association. Plenty of great info, a supportive community, and it accepts donations as well.
    http://www.alsa.org/

Best wishes to you and your friend.

Legend

Good Info Thanks.. I'll talk to a few of the people that show up Sunday about the walk in Saddle Brook NJ in June...

I've got some of his old Bosses coming Friends from Many years ago that he has not seen in atleast 10 years to friends he hangs with now About 40-50 people.. He's going to Love it I hope..

Legend

Ok Update I had 35 people show up All had a great time some of us have not seen each other in 10-15 years There were 2 of his old Bosses there and we raised $900 to give to the family for what ever they wanted.. Here are some pics..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff13.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	58467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff6.jpg 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	58468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload.jpg 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	58469and Jeff and his wife..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff3.jpg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	58470

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff9.jpg 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	58466

Good job Enkei!!! Thats awesome!! Looks like an enjoyable time by everyone including Jeff. Im sure he was overwhelmed with seeing old friends. We're all praying for him.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

this disease is horrible it not only affects the individual but his entire family emotionally as well,it is a horrible burden to deal with, ALS is my fraternity's philanthropy we raise money for every semester. we help out with the walk to defeat ALS down here in corpus christi, prayers and congrats for lasting so long
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

So sorry to hear about your friend..I'll be keeping him in my prayers. Its good to see he has been in good spirits and has had friends there to encourage him.
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12