GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What's your internet bandwidth?

I just upgraded my internet with AT&T U-verse to their "Max Plus" ... whatever that is. They give a credit for 6months for the difference between the new plan and your old plan, so it won't cost me any more until July/August of this year.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

2. Likes JTWard liked this post

Bell Aliant FibreOP. Fibre to the house. down speed is 80Mbps, up speed is 30Mpbs. It also includes landline phone and 240 TV channels.

Now, that's what they advertise and sell, what is the actually speed?????????
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Bell Aliant FibreOP. Fibre to the house. down speed is 80Mbps, up speed is 30Mpbs. It also includes landline phone and 240 TV channels.

Now, that's what they advertise and sell, what is the actually speed?????????
    Go to that website above and it will test your speed for you. http://www.speedtest.net/

What does that cost per month?

Crappy DSL. Download 2.64Mbps/Upload 0.54Mbps/ Ping 77ms Live out in the boonies so DSL is the only option as broadband cable is not out this far "yet". At least it's better than dial-up. I am almost at the furthest point out for loop length @15,000 feet
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Go to that website above and it will test your speed for you. http://www.speedtest.net/
    Thanks, I got 19.5 down and 18.29 up. Far cry from advertised, I'm sure it's system load dependent, probably faster in the middle of the night.

What does that cost per month?
    $119.95 per month.

Your "pipe" might be split for all of your devices, tv, phone, alarm system ... whatever you've got running right now.

I have two computers, a NAS, IP printer, Smart TV, Roku 2 XS, xbox360 and at least 4 mobile devices hooked up at any one time.

Your "pipe" might be split for all of your devices, tv, phone, alarm system ... whatever you've got running right now.
    Good point, when I ran that test 2 tv's were on and wife was using phone (still on and she is still using phone, haha). And, I just notice the PVR light is on, so she is recording at least one other channel.

Not bad but I had way better when I had Verizon FiOS.

Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Seems that since so many people (like me) no longer have a pay tv service (except Netflix) and just watch TV / video programing over the Web ... That they have increased to price for Internet service to help their profit out.

$120 a month just for internet. Welcome to the world of online gaming.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Steve, I used to do U-Verse Tech support, as a supervisor. PM me if you have any issues. I'm a little rusty, but I think we can get the job done.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by