GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which tire would you pick

I am looking at two tires right now and not sure which on to go with. The first on is the General Grabber AT2 and Nitto Terra Grappler. The price is with in $3.00 difference. I'm going to go with 287-75-16.
    I'm looking for your thoughts on them.
    Thanks for any input.
    02GMC2500 4X4 extcab.Kenda Mud tires.3"Magnaflow true dual Exhaust.throttle body spacer with K&N air filter.Hypertech programmer.White LED dash lights.LED back up lights and marker lights.LED cab lights.LED interior lights.6000k HID conversion lows, with high/low conversion.Installed Center Console

Where are you getting these at?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Where are you getting these at?
    I'm getting them from Ebay.
    02GMC2500 4X4 extcab.Kenda Mud tires.3"Magnaflow true dual Exhaust.throttle body spacer with K&N air filter.Hypertech programmer.White LED dash lights.LED back up lights and marker lights.LED cab lights.LED interior lights.6000k HID conversion lows, with high/low conversion.Installed Center Console

Check out the Toyo Open Country AT2's(toyo makes nitto)...great A/T tire and also a 50k warrenty...thats what im getting soon

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Check out the Toyo Open Country AT2's(toyo makes nitto)...great A/T tire and also a 50k warrenty...thats what im getting soon
    I will have to check them out. Thanks for the info.

Dick Cepeks for me! They are Quiet and Aggressive.. Reports are around 60,000mi if Rotated and Balanced, regularly! I rebalance and rotate every 3,000mi and have 13,000mi and they look and ride like NEW! Check my Garage.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Since you asked about those two, and no others...the general grabber AT2 has an awesome review and feedback record at tirerack...one of the highest recommended of all tires. I also like that they start life with 17/32 of tread...over A HALF INCH!

Tirerack does not carry nitto, so no reviews. I had one set, and swore I would never buy them again...noisy, rough ride, and uneven treadwear. There were on a 2003 Silverado 2500 d-max. I might have just had a bad experience, but I would go with the Generals.
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

I have bought 2 sets of Yokohama GeoLanders for both my sons truck and my other sons Jeep Cherokee. These are GREAT tires and I have been very very happy with the grip. I think the biggest thing is what type of driving do you expect? Highway miles is a much different tire than off road or gravel.. This Geolander tire is aggresive and not too good for Highway mileage (well it's moderate), but on gravel or dirt, these tires are awesome.
    A satisfied Yokahoma customer.
    Race or Show, Shine and Go, it's Chevy don't ya know?
    1941 Chevy StreetRod 1964 Chevy Nova SS
    1972 Chevy C10 Stepside 1987 Chevy IROC Z/28 Race-car
    2004 Chevy Tahoe 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500

Nitto. Put a set of them on a friends Denali and they lasted 4 yrs! Only way you'd catch generals on my behicle is if it were between them and walking
    Chuckie!!!

I liked the Nitto, wrap around tread looks nice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000404.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	57554

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast