GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1990 chevy 4x4 wt

hello all i am a newbee, i have a 1990 chevy 4x4 wt brake light continues to blink after i took the dash apart to paint it i also pushed the e brake down/since released the e brake the truck has not been moved during this process no problems with the brakes before no light or anything .could it be the e brake switch stuck or something else thanks

Welcome to the Club from VA!
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

thank you i have always had chevy used to street race them back in the day i love the older ones 1992 back i ,wish i had a few of those cars back now. i guess i just settle for my truck for now.

Sr. Mechanic

Use your toe to pull up the E-brake pedal! If that makes the light go off, them you just need to adjust the switch! I had a 91 wt! Loved that truck! 4.3 vortex, super chipped, cold air intake, dual exhaust, 2inch body lift, 32" mudders on American racing 10.5x15 wagon wheels! I had her all decked out! I wish I had pics!

when you had it super chipped did you notice a difference was thinking about doing that but was not sure it would be worth it.yea i love this truck it only has 106,000 miles on it i am trying to bring it back to life without tearing it all apart it does not have hardly any rust. just about done with the interior, the seat is about the only thing left to do i had a 2000 gmc to much computer and digital things that went wrong had to take to dealer and have them fix it that cost to much so i wanted something simple and easy to work on without breaking the bank i will get pics up later when the weather breaks

Sr. Mechanic

We have a large hill here, and the truck wouldn't get up it with out down shifting, so I went to work on it! I used the superchip, an Exxel high output coil, 8MM wires and split fire plugs! Summit also had a plug extender that would plug into the stock wire harness that went to the tranny, it changed how the truck shifted! It was about a foot longer, which changed the resistance. All that did help the gas mileage and the truck would go over the hill in overdrive!!! I have some parts left over from that truck, once the weather stops being a pain here, I'll go see what I have! I think I have the coil, I know I have the headliner,(take your visors off, put this up there and screw your visors back on) I still have the rims, but they will need to be cleaned and repainted!

thanks for the info i think i will wait till spring to cold-5 right now