GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2003 Silverado. 2wd. Help a girl out. :)

Ok guys, so I have a 2003 Silverado that I absolutely love! And it's 2wd. It has become my project along with a '78 k10 but that's another issue for another time. I do 90% of the work on my trucks as none of my guy friends are any count for mechanics. So get a little grease under the nails from time to time. I need opinions on lifts. I'm only looking to lift about 2"-3" for practical uses. I haul a horse trailer all the time and hate how it makes my truck look when it's loaded down. Plus, I really want to have a pretty bad truck for a girl building it. What would your choice be on lifts, what you would do, etc? Any and all help is appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22003_10201709868372628_610894008_n.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	57402 <--- This is the truck. (16" pro comp wheels. Love them!)

I can't help you with 2wd lifts. Maybe @reggiecab2000 can help you out, he has a lifted 2wd and maybe able to tell you the do's and don'ts of lifting a 2wd. If you don't like the sagging in the rear with your trailer I would look into this http://www.activesuspension.com/
    it can still be used in conjunction with any lift you install.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by alabamabowtiegirl View Post
    Ok guys, so I have a 2003 Silverado that I absolutely love! And it's 2wd. It has become my project along with a '78 k10 but that's another issue for another time. I do 90% of the work on my trucks as none of my guy friends are any count for mechanics. So get a little grease under the nails from time to time. I need opinions on lifts. I'm only looking to lift about 2"-3" for practical uses. I haul a horse trailer all the time and hate how it makes my truck look when it's loaded down. Plus, I really want to have a pretty bad truck for a girl building it. What would your choice be on lifts, what you would do, etc? Any and all help is appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22003_10201709868372628_610894008_n.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	57402 <--- This is the truck. (16" pro comp wheels. Love them!)
    keeping the OEM height and installing auto adjust air bags with a horse trailer is best IMO. with a load on the rear the air bags will level you out makes towing with what your needs are a better modification.

I have worked with female mechanics/technicians as long as the weight was not very heavy they did a better job than the guys..

Leveling kit would be an option for a 2 to 3 inch lift, and adjustable bags to correct the squat when towing. Front lift on 2WDis usually a coil spring spacer or some 2WD have a torsion bar suspension which will require new keys. For the rear you can safely add a lift block since 2WD don't have blocks from the factory.I
    Adam

sorry for chiming in so late.....

I would recommend doing a spindle lift, fabtech and cst makes them, they usually give you 3-4" of lift, and I have the fabtech one along with a leveling kit, and 3 inch blocks in the rear...

fabtech spindle: cast iron
    cst spindle: steel

if i could do it all over I would go with CST, and I would also add the CST upper control arms which add extra travel to your front suspension.
    both brands run under $1000.00 for the spindle kit with rear blocks, and the control arms are an additional ~$700.00 if you want them.

easy lift to do yourself....
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR