GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default What's your fuel consumption?

We've got other threads like this, but how much fuel do you think you go through in a year?

I just figured it out, and my Fuel consumption for 2008 is probably going to be about 900 gallons of gasoline.

I drive 35 miles to work each way, 3 to 4 days per week. I then drive around town a bit each day and will take an occasional trip somewhere in the region.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

For just the pickup, I use aprox. 1500 gal.. If you include the motor home, add another 1500 gal. Thanks, now I'm depressed!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I used roughly 750 gals of fuel so far for 2008, but most of my miles were on the bike with 45+ mpg.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I used roughly 750 gals of fuel so far for 2008, but most of my miles were on the bike with 45+ mpg.

Ya... there's just something that happens inside you when you see the gas pump numbers pass $100 and keep on going like it's a slot machine rolling for a 7-7-7.

What happens inside of me is "Hmm.. maybe I should bring this right back home and go pick the dog up from the kennel with the V6 car instead."

I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is yet but I think when I drive down the road with the windows up, the radio off and I listen closely I can actually hear the gas getting sucked through the fuel line...
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Ya... there's just something that happens inside you when you see the gas pump numbers pass $100 and keep on going like it's a slot machine rolling for a 7-7-7.

What happens inside of me is "Hmm.. maybe I should bring this right back home and go pick the dog up from the kennel with the V6 car instead."

I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is yet but I think when I drive down the road with the windows up, the radio off and I listen closely I can actually hear the gas getting sucked through the fuel line...
    I've got the almost exact same Suburban as yours and it hasnt left the driveway in 3 months because of fuel prices and I enjoy my 30+ mile commute on the bike (if it's not raining) .

Legend

honestly, dont want to add it up, but its been better after getting the beaters, 88 Z24 and the woman has a 99 breeze( this spring to be replaced by a CTS-V) the burban only leaves for trips and to take the two dogs somewhere.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I'm not sure about how many gallons I go through or would go through over the course of the year. I only put on about 30 miles a week on the truck in Jan and Feb. March I hopped on the bike and went to my parents house in Daytona Beach,FL. When I came back, it's nothing but bike unless it's raining out. I have a heated suit that I can't wait to try out in the winter if gas prices are up at $4 again. However, my truck does get anywhere from 15 to 20 mpg unless I'm running late for my 31 mile drive to work. Then I have to stop half way to fill it back up. Hahah.
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

had my truck i thin k maybe 4 months and my D?Ic shows 320 used but i reset it after about 100 or so...
    ughhhh
    08 5.3 silverado...toyo m.t 33 12.50 18 rockstars...leveled with 2" blocks...cherrybomb catback...6k hids