GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar

Not sure if this discussion has been beaten to death but I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience with the GoodyearWrangler MT/R Kevlar. They seem like badass tires to me. I have the GoodyearWrangler Duratrac AT on my '07 Silverado w/ 6" Fabtech lift on 17" Motometals.

Most of my driving is on the road. But I do get pretty far out in some deep rough country when I'm camping and I need a badass tire that I can count on.

One thing I'd like to know is if these tires are super loud on the freeway. If you've had them previously how many miles did you get out of them? Any other noteworthy items, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump.......

I dont have any experience personally with them but they were on my list last time I shopped tires. I think that goodyear makes a great set of tires. They are a high void tire so there will be noise. How much is too much is a personal preference.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I had these tires.... they were awesome in mud and deep snow. I was not impressed with the tire life... I had gotten about 20-24k miles out of them. Once they started to wear the cupped really easily and were very loud.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I had these tires.... they were awesome in mud and deep snow. I was not impressed with the tire life... I had gotten about 20-24k miles out of them. Once they started to wear the cupped really easily and were very loud.
    im thinking ill prob go with my wrangler duratrac AT's again. They have great traction and have lasted me about 35-40 thousand miles.