GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Has anyone used these tires before? Bridgestone and Goodyear

Anyone had any luck with either of these,

Dueler A/T D693 II

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odClar=LT%20V6

Assurance CS TripleTred All-Season

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odClar=LT%20V6
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

The Goodyear triple tread is an excellent tire. I had them for the wife's car. In the rain they can't be beat. Normally when you hit a puddle that is deeper than you thought and the car gets sucked off the road. Well not with this tire. Starting and stopping on wet pavement you won't spin from loss of grip. In the snow with 2 to 3 inches on the road it's like you have a plow on the car as snow is thrown to the sides. They stopped making them in 15" and the newer car has 16" so I will be getting them again.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Agreed. If i were choosing between the two of them i would choose the goodyear brand.

Awesome, I was debating between the 2. I was kinda leaning toward the bridgestones due to the fact that they were also rated for off road, and figured I could get a little longer life out of them. I'll be done with my firestones at about 35K

Not sure what size you need but I found 215/65/16 for around $116 ea. on line

Quote Originally Posted by BRB46 View Post
    Not sure what size you need but I found 215/65/16 for around $116 ea. on line
    235/60R17

or wider, Idk if I can put 255-55 17's or whatever will slow my speedo down by 1 or 2 mph. right now im going faster than my speedo says.

I have the Duelers on my truck, it came with them and when I needed a replacement set I found 4 more. Good tire, I got well over 50,000 on the originals.

You can save big bucks, if you can find a set of "take offs" at a local GM dealer. They sell a new truck and the buyer wants a different tire, the originals have 2, or 3, mikes on them and they are sold as used (read 1/2 price).
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)