GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What do you think of this LED bulb?

I was at my dealership the other day and they had a display of these SpiderliteX2 LED bulbs:

http://www.spiderlite.com/index.html

They had a tail light assembly hooked up with the LED on the top and a regular bulb underneath it and you could see very obviously how much brighter the LED bulb was. I like how the bulb opens up after you install it so that it fills the housing more and there are LEDs on the back to take advantage of the reflectors in the stock housing.

How do you think that would look on a stock 2007 Yukon? Rice, or not? Too cheap looking?

At $50 each they aren't cheap, but they're still cheaper than buying aftermarket taillights. (BTW, is anyone else finding the selection of aftermarket headlamps/taillights for 2007+ Yukons to be very slim?)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I was at my dealership the other day and they had a display of these SpiderliteX2 LED bulbs:

They had a tail light assembly hooked up with the LED on the top and a regular bulb underneath it and you could see very obviously how much brighter the LED bulb was. I like how the bulb opens up after you install it so that it fills the housing more and there are LEDs on the back to take advantage of the reflectors in the stock housing.

How do you think that would look on a stock 2007 Yukon? Rice, or not? Too cheap looking?

At $50 each they aren't cheap, but they're still cheaper than buying aftermarket taillights. (BTW, is anyone else finding the selection of aftermarket headlamps/taillights for 2007+ Yukons to be very slim?)
    Huh, I have to replace a brake lights on the Trailblazer today, I actually like the look (personal preference) but I simply will not spend $50 each on a brakelight... I've got better things to spend the cash on!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post

Have to say that they look impressing. I can spread some light over the price.. the same lamps vould cost home here in finland about 100 $$$ THAT IF you even get the permit to assemble them on your truck.... The law is so f___ing strikt up here.. No cars or trucks are allowed to look special... elseway i think you shuld defintly purchase a pair of those.

Legend

Blog Entries

Put me down for 'yay'.

But... it may all depend on how many times you've already replaced the bulbs. After 2 or 3 times of replacing a burnt out bulb you may look at it as an investment.

Besides that is subtle enough that the person behind you at a stop light won't be thinking "omg.. are those NOT the original brake light bulbs? What are those..?... after-market star shaped LED bulbs put in place? What the heck is up with THAT guy!? Honey, look. Seriously, look at those bulbs. Are those not so totally ricer?"

But I'm no expert.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

I agree, these stars are weird "I wanna-be modern" looking replacements. For just a little more (eBay), you could replace the whole tail light assembly with a new real LED unit.

FYI: The term bulb is no longer applicable to LED lamps. How many of you out there still call your kitchen refrigerator the ice box?
    Are we having fun, yet?