GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200k

Default 200k

Who says you can't get high miles out of an American vehicle? Hit 200K this past weekend on our way back from El Paso. Still running very well and does great on our weekend trips. Frequently take the Suburban on 4+ hour trips with very little issues. Just wanted to express my happiness to my fellow GMers out there. Thanks for listening
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03889.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	57428

Its these OBS trucks they just don't die. They were built 100% like a rock. My Tahoe hit 200,000 last summer and since i have had 0 issues and my dad drives it 3 1/2 hours to VT every weekend to ski.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Its these OBS trucks they just don't die. They were built 100% like a rock. My Tahoe hit 200,000 last summer and since i have had 0 issues and my dad drives it 3 1/2 hours to VT every weekend to ski.
    Yes sir, they are most definitely a rock. Reliable as they come that's for sure and the best purchase vehicle wise I have ever made. She is a 98 and I bought her back in Feb 02 for $19K (if memory serves me correctly) with 63K on the ODO and she's been great since. Some minor maintenance issues such as water pump, fuel pump, and a handful of other things but nothing major... Hell, even the MPG isn't that bad. I haven't calculated it recently but I'd guess that I'm still getting 14-15 on the highway.

EDIT: Just saw your signature block on your post. Mine as well was made in Wisconsin. Maybe that's the key. Those boys and girls up there in the frozen north sure can build a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    Yes sir, they are most definitely a rock. Reliable as they come that's for sure and the best purchase vehicle wise I have ever made. She is a 98 and I bought her back in Feb 02 for $19K (if memory serves me correctly) with 63K on the ODO and she's been great since. Some minor maintenance issues such as water pump, fuel pump, and a handful of other things but nothing major... Hell, even the MPG isn't that bad. I haven't calculated it recently but I'd guess that I'm still getting 14-15 on the highway.

EDIT: Just saw your signature block on your post. Mine as well was made in Wisconsin. Maybe that's the key. Those boys and girls up there in the frozen north sure can build a truck.
    They built the toughest SUVs ever. On the highway I average 17-19 driving at 70 but at 55 I can get 21 easy. My city mileage is god awful at 10-12 and in poor weather it drops to 8 because of 4x4 use. I bought mine June of 2011 for $4500 with 193,000+ on the ODO. Only issues I had was as I reached 200,000 I kept having oil gaskets fail but I've fixed them all and she doesn't lose a drop of oil. Also had to replace alot of the brake parts recently but all the parts I replaced were factory.

Next up for my truck is replacement of the shocks, new sway bars and RAS. May also get new headlight, parklight, and taillight housings. I intend to keep my old girl until the day one of us die which at the current rate I think Tahoe will out last me. My girlfriend, who I intend to wed, loves Tahoe and is fine with me keeping it forever and starting our family with the big white monster. I hope to use it as a daily driver as long as I can because nothing on earth feels as nice to drive as my truck.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I just bought my Burb with 205,000 on it. Plan to keep it going at least another 100k

244xxx here..99 burb 5.7 .we should start a 200k club ...

As it so happens, my 1991 Suburban made 200k Wednesday...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200k miles.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	57712

So, about 8,600 miles per year on average. Not nearly the 30k+ I put on the Saturn, and I didn't put all them on the truck, but it's done well.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well done guys.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I hit 200K in my 99 LS C1500 and it still runs like a scalded dawg......this was back before Christmas 2013,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 200Kmileage.jpg  
    "American by birth, Southern by the grace of GOD"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast