Results 1 to 3 of 3
01-25-2014, 12:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Blog Entries
Updates About the Old Girl + Questions
So this winter break I did a little bit of work on my truck and figured out what it needs next. I just wanted to give updates on the old girl and what I wanna do with it as well as ask a few questions.
So during break I multiple times cleaned the trucks headlights and taillight which now are getting really beat up and the restore kit only can go so far. LIkely I will be getting Anzo clear stock style housings for the front and LED stock style replacement for the rear. Also did a good oil change on the truck with Valvoline 5W-30 SynPower oil and an ACDelco PF52 filter which made the truck very happy. I tried to do my fuel filter but the nuts on the lines are ripped up so I may had a shop do that in the summer or deal with it in the summer. Finally I replaced the fog lights after having only 1 for close to a year. Sadly the bulb on the one side is really dim so Ill have to look in to that.
Ok, for future plans:
In March I have "spring break" so I will be doing my rear diff fluid with Valvoline 75w-90 SynPower gear oil and I will replace the cover with a chrome one that has a drain plug. I will also install my new mirror switch which I forgot to install during winter break.
This summer I have huge plans for the truck to totally upgrade the handling and ride of the 5400lb beast as well as possibly replace the light housings on the truck to give it better down road light output and make it easier to see to other drivers.
List of suspension/steering work:
- New Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners
- Upgrade to Hellwig sway bars for the front and rear
- Add RAS to help my rear sag and better handling/load capacity.
- Replace tierods both inner and outer using ACDelco parts
- Replace the front ABS speed sensors to fix my ABS using ACDelco parts
- Replace front and possibly rear bump stops.
Other work I want to do:
- Fuel filter replacement
- Replace possible dead cat to pass emissions
- Add relays to headlights so the headlight switch deals with less amps plus bulbs will run at a better voltage.
- Do Lows on with highs active mod to give better light output.
- Add 2nd back-up light.
- Finish my DIY LED tailgate light bar.
- Begin to paint underside of truck
Work I may do but is dependent on funds:
- New Anzo crystal chrome headlights Part# 111004
- New Anzo clear parklight with black border Part# 511033
- New Anzo LED G2 taillights Part# 311004
- LED parklight bulbs + resistors to correct for the hyperflash
- Finally do my NNBS style upper reflector mod.
- Replace fuel tank shield.
All this should really make the truck both look great and drive better.
BTW a few question to all.
- Has anyone seen a piece of hardware like this before. Its what the previous owner used to mount the fog lights and I now use it as well. The one in the picture is bent and I want to replace it. Its made of aluminum is about 1/8" thick and impossible to find at a hardware store.
- What is the best method to do the resistors? I've watched a few how-tos but rather a better explanation from some one on the site with experience.
- What should I do about the stripped/damaged nut on my fuel line that threads on the fuel filter?
Thanks for the help and support every one. I know its a long post but at least its not all crazy questions.
1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.
Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door
01-25-2014, 01:16 PM #2
You have a "to do" list as long as mine. Only thing holding me back is $$$.Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!
01-25-2014, 01:27 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Blog Entries
Tags for this Thread