GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Suck they won't fess up. At least from the look of it the rear corner damage shouldnt be that hard of a fix. Not sure about the cab tho because its a harder area to get. At least you have what I believe, because I also have them, is one of the best insurance companies out there. They always take care of any issue and find a way to help out and get your car/truck back to normal.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Dang, that sux Riley. Like most of the people in this thread, I have had that happen to my truck a couple of times. The first time it happened, my truck was less than year old and no one fessed up to it. I was super pissed since my truck was still new. About five years after that, a lady hit my truck very much like yours. The damaged looked and was located exactly like your very fist picture. This lady left note though and we talked faced to face. I actually told her not to worry about as my truck already had a few dings and dents and the damamage she did wasn't all that bad. I was actually just really appreciative that she left a note. She was decent enough to fess up and I was cool with that.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Welcome to VA. I hate when that happens. best of luck getting your truck fixed.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

USAA is covering the damage thanks to my uninsured motorist policy. $200 deductible and she's going in Thursday or Friday to get the damage fixed. Also, some have asked why I'm getting this fixed since the book value on my truck is probably 3500$... To learn how to take care of it if it happens again to any other vehicle on my insurance. This is a learning curve for me since I've never had to do anything like this.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Perfectly understandable, $3500 book is a bit less with the damage, and its your baby right now.

Sorry to hear. That sucks that people (I'm being respectful to readers here) don't own up to their screw ups.
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12