GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Supercharge or not?

Hey everyone!

Bored on a snowy day in NEPA with a clean truck so I was day dreaming on the internet about the possibilities to get more power out of my truck. My truck is at 150K right now and over the summer I was planning on a possible head/cam swap, new lifters, and a set of long tubes. If a supercharger were to come into the picture in the next year or two what would I need to replace before hand? I know supercharging a high mileage engine is iffy but I plan on keeping this truck for a long time (knock on wood). I would do a compression test before hand just to know what i'm looking at.

- - - Updated - - -

While doing the camshaft i'll replace the push rods
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Legend
    Blog Entries

The mileage wouldn't worry me actually, the internals are very reliable as long as they're taken care of. Be careful of which cam you pick, check with someone about specs. Go to aggressive and it won't like it, I would recommend no more then 0.600 of lift unless your going to do rockers or an upgrade.

I would do upgraded drive shafts, different gearing, transmission freshen up.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    The mileage wouldn't worry me actually, the internals are very reliable as long as they're taken care of. Be careful of which cam you pick, check with someone about specs. Go to aggressive and it won't like it, I would recommend no more then 0.600 of lift unless your going to do rockers or an upgrade.

I would do upgraded drive shafts, different gearing, transmission freshen up.
    Thanks for the reply, I had the transmission rebuilt over the summer and if it couldn't handle it I would get the monster in a box kit. But I'll look into the rear gears and drive shafts

The camshaft I was looking at is Trick Flow Track Max with .575 lift
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .