GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you can get one out of the junk yard or make your own. if you got a cone filter make a sealed box and a fresh intake to a cool air supply.....mike
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well

i think i can do that no prob
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Cut a little out of the tube then sleeve it with a piece of hose and a couple of clamps.
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

does anyone know a good website i can get a quality dual electric fan kit specific for my truck? and is there a brand that is any better than another?

Jr. Apprentice

if you are gonna go back to a stock style airbox go to your local junck yard ang pick it up for around 25-35 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    does anyone know a good website i can get a quality dual electric fan kit specific for my truck? and is there a brand that is any better than another?
    why waste your hard earnd money? do the Tarus fan swap and have a better cooling fan and money in your pocket. I done a ton of these and would never go bach to the stupid dual fan system (i had 4 fail at the worst time (Hayden)) if you got something too big then dual the Tarus fans. I cool my 502 motor home with one and not had any issues of over heat. I added a manual over ride so if i think i going to get up in temp or want the raditor to get a head start i just flip the switch to on. i just took a 30' boat over the grape vine with the genset running the AC and i pushed 70 and it never went above 1/2 way on the temp (170 degrees).........i added these to cars/trucks/motorhomes and 4X4s neven an issue.....mike

Quote Originally Posted by collinsperformance View Post
    why waste your hard earnd money? do the Tarus fan swap and have a better cooling fan and money in your pocket. I done a ton of these and would never go bach to the stupid dual fan system (i had 4 fail at the worst time (Hayden)) if you got something too big then dual the Tarus fans. I cool my 502 motor home with one and not had any issues of over heat. I added a manual over ride so if i think i going to get up in temp or want the raditor to get a head start i just flip the switch to on. i just took a 30' boat over the grape vine with the genset running the AC and i pushed 70 and it never went above 1/2 way on the temp (170 degrees).........i added these to cars/trucks/motorhomes and 4X4s neven an issue.....mike

ill try it out man, but i've had some bed experiences with used parts and parts from a junk yard, so im a little gunshy when it comes to putting used stuff on my truck. i dont doubt you at all, im just a little weary.

I can understand being a little weary of junkyards, but an air box should be simple to see if it is in good shape. Make sure the lid and clamps are intact, and Look for cracks, if there are none, it should be all good...

2007 Silverado LT Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    Dark Metallic Blue

Mods to come, just purchased on 10/31/09

Go Pack Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12