GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default How to access rear speakers on 2dr. S10 Blazer?

Hello everyone. I have a rear speaker that's not working in a 2 Dr. S10 Blazer. It's covered by the stock plastic trim grill/cover. What's the secret to getting that cover off in order to access the speaker? It's really light weight and flimsy and I wanted to check here before trying to pry it off and breaking it. Thanks for any tips!

That's really it. Pry it off CAREFULLY! They do make special tools to pop them off but if you do happen to break it, you can buy new pegs from your auto parts store.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Okay - thanks! I'll give it a shot and hope it holds up.

If it is at all similar to the ones in the Tahoe they are actually surprisingly flexible but still be careful not to damage the tabs that hold it on.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door