GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default manual slide lock lever issue

I have a manual lock lever that popped out. Nothing is broken, all tabs are accounted for. It seems there's just not enough of the hole to grab. Any ideas on how to make this stay put?

I had that issue on my Escalade EXT. The housing with the slide in it pops in the door skin and onto the rod and it seemed like the hole was too big for the the skin to catch on the tabs of the housing. that was the case with mine anyway. I got them to barely stay when I sold the truck...

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I had that issue on my Escalade EXT. The housing with the slide in it pops in the door skin and onto the rod and it seemed like the hole was too big for the the skin to catch on the tabs of the housing. that was the case with mine anyway. I got them to barely stay when I sold the truck...
    Yeah. That's exactly what's going on. I'm going to have to figure out a solution other than selling my Yukon XL. I just bought it!

maybe try some pieces of tape to make the hole smaller for the tabs to catch.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but I'm thinking tape will soften over time and let go, or harden over time and be brittle. There's got to be some kind of material that is pliable, but strong enough to "jam" the button in place. It's been too cold to think about it lately, but I hope to work on it this weekend.