GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust

Default Exhaust

im looking for a muffler for my truck to get duals, and am looking for something thats not annoyingly loud, but not too quiet either, the stock exhaust on this truck is too quiet and driving me crazy. i was thinking about a magnaflow or a gibson but i dont know how loud either is, id even consider a flowmaster. does anyone have any suggestions?
    Jake
    2006 Silverado 5.3L Flex Fuel
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Quadzilla Stealth 2 Race Tune

Do a search, you'll find tons of info out there regarding various exhaust systems. But it's really all about personal preference man. I'd suggest skipping the search and take a trip to your local exhaust shop, see what they have, and go for it. Good luck!

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

gibson and dynomax are not very loud but you will still hear a difference. flowmaster 40 or super 44 series are great sounding exhausts and are pretty loud. i have edelbrock SDT on my truck and i am very happy with it, its a great sound, and is pretty loud too. my buddy has magnaflow on a 6.0 litre 2005 silverado and it sounds amazing and is loud so it cant be much different on a 5.3. its all preferance to what you want tho and price range
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I have Duals with Magnaflow HFC's and Flowmasters and sounds great. Like you said not anoyingly loud, but not too qiet either. You can get a custom exhaust put on alot cheaper than you can buy a kit. You could add LT headers for what they want for a catback system.
    Chris S. The GoFastPadre I like to drive fast and I've got the speeding tickets to prove it. 00 Sierra Z71 ECSB K&N CAI Pacesetter Shorties (soon to be replaced with LT's) Magnaflow HFC's Flowmasters with True Duals and H-Pipe more mods to come

here a vid of my truck so you can hear it... its a magnaflow wideopen 1in 2out muffler ...everybody says my truck sounds like a race car haha i had flowmaster befor this but didnt like it so i switched to this setup and love it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aH0oX81lz3I

does anybody know much about gibson exhaust because thats what im considering.
    Jake
    2006 Silverado 5.3L Flex Fuel
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Quadzilla Stealth 2 Race Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    here a vid of my truck so you can hear it... its a magnaflow wideopen 1in 2out muffler ...everybody says my truck sounds like a race car haha i had flowmaster befor this but didnt like it so i switched to this setup and love it

Sweet video! Sounds awesome! What size engine do you have?
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post

sounds good but if you really want it to sound like a race car though on LT headers with high flow cats and oh ya. i did that with my 05 gto i put on corsa cat back with slp Lt headers and high flow cats, quiet when just driving but when you get on it race car city.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman8112 View Post
    does anybody know much about gibson exhaust because thats what im considering.
    Gibson will give you the power gains as a normal cat back would but its not very loud at all and costs more than some others
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Gibson is excellent for performance but costly. If you are just looking for a louder/ deeper sound without going crazy, get the MagnaFlow. Flowmasters are really loud (but thats why it's on my truck!).

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast