GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Helix Power Tower

I have a 04 silverado ext cab Z71 and was looking at the Helix Power Tower & Airmax Intake System. Has anybody tried these items and/or have any opinions on them .

Thanks

I have the same truck and have both the spacer and intake. I've had them for almost 3 or 4 years and would recommend them to anyone. Check out truck addons.com and summitracing.com for price. you may be able to save a few bucks if you shop around.
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

Thanks. Nice truck. I actually just put the black & chrome DC-1's on my charcoal colored truck. Dont have any pics yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by cmur75 View Post
    I have a 04 silverado ext cab Z71 and was looking at the Helix Power Tower & Airmax Intake System. Has anybody tried these items and/or have any opinions on them .

Thanks
    I'm also looking at adding the Helix Power Tower onto my 05 silverado. Did you ever add one of them on? If so what brand did you go with and what differences have you noticed? Have the changes been positive or negative with the throttle control & fuel mileage? Do you notice any power difference in the power band? If so was it in the low end, mid range, or top end?

Do you ever tow anything and if so do you notice a difference with this upgrade while you're towing?

Had a helix on my 95 yukon ran great...
    John

06 Red GMC 4X4 CrewCab 4.8L
    MagnaFlow Muffler
    Lubed by AMSOIL...

Blog Entries

intake will be good i dont know about the spacer, there kind of bogus.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|