GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Muteki Mud Hogs?

So its time for new tires and I wanted to buy the same Firestone Destination M/T's I had before but cant find them in the size I need anymore (285/70 R17). Anyone know if that size is discontinued?? Also, any of you heard of the Muteki Mud Hog? Never heard of them before and was wondering who makes them. Pic attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muteki_Mud_Hog.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	57479

does Kanati actually make the mud hog tire,
    around 226.00 bucks in your size. They seem to have good reviews.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kanati mud hog.jpg  
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

firestone still shows the tire in that size on their website. Never heard of the other tire.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Ya I found later that Kanati makes the exact same tire. Maybe Kanati and Muteki are in cahoots with each other. And that firestone size seems to be available on the U.S. Website but not in Canada maybe. Says out of stock.

I just bought a set of super swamper irok nd's in that size thru 4wheelparts for $160 each. Just something to think about.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.