GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cheap cool additions for a 2 Door tahoe

Does anybody know of any cool additions for a 96 tahoe? I have fender flairs.

Well what do you see as cheap. What are you looking to do to make it your own.
    Cheap Mods I've done are:
    Floor mats
    Aftermarket fog lights
    Back up light

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

my sister had a 96 2door tahoe. She had a 3" body lift and chrome smittybilt nerf bars. It looked pretty nice, then she traded it in on cash for clunkers. there are tons of things you can do. any grill that fits a silverado of that year will fit the tahoe, so you can change that out. you can do tail lights, marking lights, headlights, new/different bumpers. I have seen a few trucks around Detroit with a range rover front end conversion http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/19chc1raroco.html
    http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/rarostgrheco.html

Not my cup of tea, but it just shows you that there are a bunch of options out there. I have never bought anything from the site that I posted above. I just googled 96 tahoe grill and came up with it. I have also seen guys buy a escalade that has been wrecked in the rear end, took the front end off and installed it on their truck.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

For the OBS trucks there is a lot you can do because all the models shared the same cosmetics. Also every year GM added new stuff to these trucks and the new stuff fits the older models. The aftermarket parts are very plentiful and moderately priced.

What kind of lights did you get? I would like a pre runner bar or something but not a full brush guard

I charged my parking and tail lights to LED and clear head lights (about $400) and Gator lined the whole truck in white and black ($500), 6" light (not cheap) cowl induction hood ($250), AND Roof mounted light bar and lights ($300).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0376.jpg  
    02 Z71 stock (for now) 5.3 l

I'm not sure "cool additions" and "cheap" really go together. Plus, "cheap" is a personal preference.

But, you could do:

custome grille
    LED taillights
    LED light bars
    wheels/tires
    lift
    window tint
    nerf bars
    muffler (not a whole exhaust system)
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy_73 View Post
    What kind of lights did you get? I would like a pre runner bar or something but not a full brush guard
    The Lights I have are cheapos from Harbor Freight that are mounted with brackets under my bumper which were about $12-13. The back up light is a round 4" Navigator light I got for less than $9 on amazon. If you are creative enough you could easily and cheaply build a mount for lights using your licence plate holder and some slotted angle steel from Home Depot.